Expand my Community achievements bar.

Determine URL of Link that pulls up Page Not Found

Level 3

I have a high number of page views on my Page Not Found page. I have used the Previous Page report to figure out that some of our pages may have bad links, but the high majority of the page views have my Page Not Found as the entry page. We recently migrated our site and I think users may have old bookmarks. I can do redirects if I know what the URLs are. Is there any way to capture what URL is being typed in/bookmarked that leads to the Page Not Found?

3 Replies

Level 3

Thank you Nikhil. However, my problem isn't with the referring URL. My issue is what URL are people trying to get to. The referring URL report only shows pages within my site. I need to know if we have incorrect links posted on other sites so I can ask for them to be changed and/or what the URL is so I can create redirects. 95% of my Page Not Found page views have the Page Not Found page as the entry point :(

Level 8

I doubt this is possible however I'll leave this question open for other community members to provide any workarounds to achieve the end result you're looking for.

Thanks

Nikhil