Expand my Community achievements bar.

[Closed] Multiple DTM Containers on a single site

Level 2

Hi,

My company has 100+ websites on a single CMS.

We currently have 100+ DTM property, The problem is if a tweak needs to be made, it needs to be made 100 times.

1)We cannot have a single container as we need multiple report suites.

2)We cannot have a single container as each site has its own paid media tag and adding , eg.5 tags per site in 1 property would lead to 500 tags in 1 property which would be a nightmare.

My idea was to have 1 global container and 1 site specific one and add both to the site. The site specific one would have all the media / 3rd party tags. I understand this is not possible.

What are my options?

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi Leep ,

For all of your websites, is the data you are going to collect very similar, somewhat similar, or unique?

• If the data you need to collect is similar across websites, it might make sense to group those sites into one web property to avoid duplicating rules or copying rules from one property to another  and then further building up a logic so that data for each website is sent to a unique report suite and a global report suite
  • If your data collection needs are unique for each site, it might make sense to separate those sites in their own web properties. This method lets you control the data collection more specifically for each site, without using large amounts of conditional logic in custom scripts.
  • For example, if 80 percent of the data you are collecting across your sites is the same, or similar, it makes sense to group those sites together into the same web property. If the data is unique for each site, it makes sense to put each site into its own web property.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 2

Hi Parit,

Thanks for your reply, however, as I've mentioned, the data is very similar but we have paid media tags for each site so have so many different media tags in a single web property would be very difficult to manage.

Best Regards,

Lee

Level 10

Hi Leep,

To overcome the difficulty of managing paid media tag for each , you can do JS conditionals in the tags to set tags based on site in a single web property.

However  I would recommend you to reach out to your account manager in your company so that they can further reach out to Adobe DTM Consulting. They can perhaps help you better in the above use-case.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 10

Hi Leep,

I believe you are wanting to deploy multiple instances of DTM on the same page. This isn't currently supported, but I'll pass your use-case along to the product managers for DTM. For now, you'll need to choose between replicating the desired tags across multiple DTM properties or creating conditional logic for site-specific tags within a single web property.

Cheers,

Jantzen

Level 10

Leep,

Can we mark this question as answered? If so, would you like to choose an answer that you think best answers your question?

Thank you,
Jantzen

Level 2

Jantzen Belliston wrote...

Leep,

Can we mark this question as answered? If so, would you like to choose an answer that you think best answers your question?

Thank you,
Jantzen

Hi Jantzen,

I would not consider my question to have been answered. Considering the functionality is not supported, I would rather close this than mark it as resolved.

Many Thanks,

Lee