Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Why some of the visitors cannot show their referral type in this chart?

Level 1

After adding the no. of visitors show on the chart (47579+36227+2941+445)=87192, which is different from the total:239,215. Why those missing visitor cannot show in the chart?

Thanks a lot for your kindly help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The Unique Visitors you are missing here are the ones which came to your site from internal pages (Referrer = Internal as it matches the Internal URL filters) which is called the "Inside your Site" traffic.

To validate the numbers you can pull the Data Warehouse report for the same and you would see a blank line item with numbers for "Inside your Site" traffic. Please refer to the below mentioned article for details regarding the same:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/reports_ref_types.html

-Kaushal

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

The Unique Visitors you are missing here are the ones which came to your site from internal pages (Referrer = Internal as it matches the Internal URL filters) which is called the "Inside your Site" traffic.

To validate the numbers you can pull the Data Warehouse report for the same and you would see a blank line item with numbers for "Inside your Site" traffic. Please refer to the below mentioned article for details regarding the same:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/reports_ref_types.html

-Kaushal

Level 1

So that means the largest proportion of my customers from "Inside your Site" traffic? How can i know where they come from before get into my site? and How can the chart show the field "inside your site"? Thanks a lot!

Level 8

Hi Wong,

Has your query been resolved?

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Regards

Rahul

Level 8

Hi Wong,

As Kaushalendra mentioned, you would need to pull the referrer type report from data warehouse for getting 'inside your site' traffic (this feature is not supported in SiteCatalyst).

Also, you can turn off reporting of internal referrers using internal URL filters. Here's some documentation on it.

Regards

Rahul

Employee

Hi Wong/Rahul,

I would not suggest turning off the Internal URL Filters as doing that would inflate your Traffic Sources report. The intent of Traffic Sources report like referrers is to provide the metrics on how well the sources from which the traffic is coming to your site are doing. And that is the purpose we do not show "Inside your Site" traffic in Referrers report.

I hope this helps. Please let us know in case of any further query.

-Kaushal