Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

ReferenceError: _satellite is not defined \t <script type="text/javascript">var x = _satellite.pageBottom();</script>

Former Community Member
ReferenceError: _satellite is not defined
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Bindu,

We offer our since apology for the delayed response.

The problem here seems to be the scope of the variable 'n' defined here because you are passing the variable 'n' to the function and then defining it again inside the function.

please correct the code as below :

customSetup:function(t,r){var n=e.s; n.products==_satellite.getVar("omtrProduct")..

Also, Please make sure that variable "omtrProduct" is set ( i.e. _satellite.setVar("omtrProduct"))   before fetching its value via _satellite.getVar ().

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 8

Hi Bindu,

Could you please elaborate your query.

Regards

Rahul

Former Community Member

i am doing dynamic tag management of adobe analytics and as per the instruction i am placed all the header and foote code code but for the footer code i am geting this error

this is the header code

<script src="//assets.adobedtm.com/c40971348a5755fc4a791b7292e4479fa585f416/satelliteLib-2737bbaa7bf0c7290f5be50e08d3ce9d4f1734fc-staging.js"></script>

and i nthe footer  before body closing i am giving

<script type="text/javascript">_satellite.pageBottom();</script>

i am geting error for this

i have done all these steps in the below link

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/dtm/t_verify_header_footer.html

Former Community Member

Hello 

I find out what is the issue it is because when i called the header script with the embeded code i am not getting the file, that's y i am getting Reference error 

<script src="//assets.adobedtm.com/c40971348a5755fc4a791b7292e4479fa585f416/satelliteLib-62646ab551e3fc8ee28e35a55404ab851288f052-staging.js"></script>

if i call this js with http i am geting this file and error not found

is there any solution for how to call this url ?

Level 8

Hi Bindu,

Can you please post a screenshot of 3 things:

1. The error that you're getting in the console.

2. The section of page code where you have pasted the header and footer codes.

3. How you've set up your analytics tool.

Rahul

Former Community Member

Hello

Thank you for your reply. I find out a solution for this but when i comes to my next page i am getting another error  with js for _satellite.getVar(

TypeError: n is undefined
customSetup:function(t,n){var n=e.s;n.products==_satellite.getVar("omtrProduct")

do you know why i am getting this issue ?

Level 8

Hi Bindu,

Please past a snapshot of this error and your setup.

Also it would be great if you could specify how you resolved the original problem you were having (unable to call js using http).

Regards

Rahul

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Bindu,

We offer our since apology for the delayed response.

The problem here seems to be the scope of the variable 'n' defined here because you are passing the variable 'n' to the function and then defining it again inside the function.

please correct the code as below :

customSetup:function(t,r){var n=e.s; n.products==_satellite.getVar("omtrProduct")..

Also, Please make sure that variable "omtrProduct" is set ( i.e. _satellite.setVar("omtrProduct"))   before fetching its value via _satellite.getVar ().

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal