Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to enable force to lowercase for events and custom variables call

Level 3

Hi,

My custom variables calls seems to be returning values in upper case. How do I go about enabling this in DTM Adobe analytics.  For my event base rule i set my evar to %data element% for a clicked element linkname and I can see the value in uppercase on the debugger.

Is there a plugin for this? Is there a way of enabling the Force lower case for custom variables calls and events or do i just set this variable by variable e.g. s.eVar10=s.eVar10.toLowerCase()?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Kee , 

You can Force  your Data Elements to be lowercase Hence if you set your evar to %data element% for a clicked element linkname it will automatically store the lower case value. There is no plugin / Out of the box mechanism for enabling the lowercase for custom variables calls and events .

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Kee , 

You can Force  your Data Elements to be lowercase Hence if you set your evar to %data element% for a clicked element linkname it will automatically store the lower case value. There is no plugin / Out of the box mechanism for enabling the lowercase for custom variables calls and events .

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal