Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Duplicate Property for Different Report Suite

Level 2

I was having single property and report suite for my website. Now for a sub domain i have created another property and also report suite to capture data from this property. Now i want this data in old report suite too without changing current scenario.

How can i create duplicate property with same rule set and different report suite.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can not create a copy of an existing DTM property. You could however, copy rules and data elements from one property to another.

Can I copy a rule, data element, or tool across DTM properties?

You can also have more than one report suite in each property. So if you'd just like to have the data from the subdomain in the parent domain's report suite, you could use multi suite tagging. I've pasted a few links below for your review:

Multi-Suite Tagging

Virtual Report Suites and Global/Multi-Suite Tagging Considerations

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can not create a copy of an existing DTM property. You could however, copy rules and data elements from one property to another.

Can I copy a rule, data element, or tool across DTM properties?

You can also have more than one report suite in each property. So if you'd just like to have the data from the subdomain in the parent domain's report suite, you could use multi suite tagging. I've pasted a few links below for your review:

Multi-Suite Tagging

Virtual Report Suites and Global/Multi-Suite Tagging Considerations

Level 2

Hi Belliston,

Thanks for the suggestion. Actually the variable in both report suite is different so Multi-Suite Tagging will not work here.

Any alternate if you can suggest. 

Level 10

If at all possible, I'd recommend correcting that variable mappings ASAP. We really encourage having a variable schema across properties for this reason as well as a few others. It sounds like you are looking for a way to either deploy two different DTM instances on the same site (not supported) or a way to export data from one Analytics report suite to another. I'd suggest posting a question in the Adobe Analytics​ community to see if they have a solution. I'm not familiar with everything that is possible within that solution.