Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

DTM Rules - Doubleclick Floodlight Pixels Not Firing

Former Community Member

Hello,

I'm troubleshooting with our client who uses DTM. We are experiencing non-firing errors with the Doubleclick Floodlight pixels. Currently, the rules are executing on the page as expected but the rules are failing to invoke the Doubleclick Floodlight pixels.

Thanks in advance for the group's help.

Best,
Matthew

Below are the details:

Load Location:Page Bottom

Conditions:URI: include ^[\/]?[?]?[^\/?]*$subdomains: exclude (info|mylodgetax|salestax|trustfile|fuel|simplify|offers|certcapture|alternativemotorfuels|fuelinvoicing|communications|communicationstaxrates|developer|exciserates).avalara.comdomains: avalara\.com$

JavaScript / Third Party Tags

Sequential HTML

<!-- Start of DoubleClick Floodlight Tag: Please do not remove Activity name of this tag: Avalara.com | Site Visitor URL of the webpage where the tag is expected to be placed: http://www.avalara.com/ This tag must be placed between the <body> and </body> tags, as close as possible to the opening tag. Creation Date: 07/20/2017 --> <script type="text/javascript"> var axel = Math.random() + ""; var a = axel * 10000000000000; document.write('<iframe src="https://xxxxxxx.fls.doubleclick.net/activityi;src=xxxxxxx;type=visit0;cat=avala0;u1=%Referrer%;u2=%P... URL%;u3=[CustomerType];u4='%Visitor ID%';u5=[SessionID];dc_lat=;dc_rdid=;tag_for_child_directed_treatment=;ord=' + a + '?" width="1" height="1" frameborder="0" style="display:none"></iframe>'); </script> <noscript> <iframe src="https://xxxxxxx.fls.doubleclick.net/activityi;src=xxxxxxx;type=visit0;cat=avala0;u1=%Referrer%;u2=%P... URL%;u3=[CustomerType];u4='%Visitor ID%';u5=[SessionID];dc_lat=;dc_rdid=;tag_for_child_directed_treatment=;ord=1?" width="1" height="1" frameborder="0" style="display:none"></iframe> </noscript> <!-- End of DoubleClick Floodlight Tag: Please do not remove -->

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi matthewb9251749​,

I checked the page and see some SyntaxError logs in console. I have sent you a DM with more details regarding these errors and DTM rules where you need to look to correct it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

It sounds like you've deployed the tag correctly (via the third-party tags section).

One of our Community Members has an awesome blog that talks about floodlight tags. It might have some useful info - floodlight | Digital Data Tactics

Former Community Member

Thanks for confirming and the link suggestion. I've edited the tags as follows(below). Does this look correct?

var axel = Math.random() + "";

var a = axel * 10000000000000;

var dcIMG = document.createElement('iframe');

dcIMG.setAttribute('src', "//xxxxxx.fls.doubleclick.net/activityi;src=xxxxxxx;type=visit0;cat=avala0;u1=%Referrer%;u2=%Page URL%;u3=[CustomerType];u4=%VisitorID%;u5=[SessionID];dc_lat=;dc_rdid=;tag_for_child_directed_treatment=;ord=' + a + '?";

dcIMG.setAttribute('height','1');

dcIMG.setAttribute('width','1');

dcIMG.setAttribute('Border','0');

dcIMG.setAttribute('style','display:none');

document.body.appendChild(dcIMG);

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi matthewb9251749​,

I checked the page and see some SyntaxError logs in console. I have sent you a DM with more details regarding these errors and DTM rules where you need to look to correct it.

Former Community Member

Thanks Kaushalendra

I've shared with the developer. I'll follow-up via DM.