Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

DTM local storage or Data Element across domains

Level 3

Hi,

My website has two different domains. Some pages are in domain 1 and some are in domain2. I have a requirement where I have to read data from a first party cookie in domain 2 and use that data when user go to domian 1  from domain 2. Both domain uses same DTM web property.

I tried session level data element and DTM local storage but no luck. Value of data element / local storage set in domain 2 are not available in domain1.

Is there any solution by which this can be achieved ?. Will  "span across multiple domain" in web property setting help ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Sneha,

We (Search Discovery Inc) have developed a technology called Storage Spanner that allows you to securely use localStorage across domains.  The solution works in DTM but does not require DTM.  I will soon be building a Launch extension to make it super easy to implement in that environment.

-Stew

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Yes. There is a solution that will allow secured data sharing outside of the same-origin constraints of localStorage and sessionStorage.

Can you DM me the details of your situation?

-Stew

Employee Advisor

Hi Sneha, were you able to get this taken care of?

Level 3

Hi Gigazelle,

No not yet.. I tried many options but looks like this is not feasible in DTM or I have not yet found the correct solution !

Thanks,

Sneha

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Sneha,

We (Search Discovery Inc) have developed a technology called Storage Spanner that allows you to securely use localStorage across domains.  The solution works in DTM but does not require DTM.  I will soon be building a Launch extension to make it super easy to implement in that environment.

-Stew

Level 3

Thanks for the info Stew. I primarily want to use something in build in DTM or Launch.

-Sneha

Community Advisor

One thought - I forgot to ask.  Are both domains on the same top level domain? (i.e. www1.foo.com & www2.foo.com are both on the top level domain "foo.com") .  If this is the case you can use a cookie set on the TLD which would span both.

If not, there really is no solution within DTM or Launch to do this.