Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Double firing tags

Level 2

Hello,

I'm working on this site http://www.smithandforgehardcider.com/AV and I set some rules for onclick events, the thing is that when I click on any of them they fire the rule but also they fire the pageload rule i created for each of the sections of the page. Is there a way to avoid this from happening? The rules for the onclick needs to be st() since i need them to show a page name and channel.

I appreciate the help you can provide :)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Yabagna,

I think I see the issue.  The rule you created is treating that as a custom link instead of an exit link.  So you are getting the custom link beacon, and then by default SiteCat is tracking all exits links as well.

[img]Screen Shot 2014-02-27 at 4.44.37 PM.png[/img]

Change this to exit link.  This should resolve the issue.

-Rudi

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

Yabagna,

Can you provide a specific page / action item on the page that you are seeing this behavior on, as well as the rule name ?

-Rudi

Level 2

Hi Rudi,

Sure, the page i'm working on is http://stage.smithandforgehardcider.com/AV, the behavior is in the facebook, twitter and youtube event based rules using the click event, seems like when i click on any of them the tag fires but it also fires an extra tag, which is most of the time the current page tag (page load tag) 

So if you click in the facebook like us button(DTM property: Smith & Forge, rule name: like us button) whose just before the scroll down site section you will see two tags fire one is the home page and the other one is the actual tag i set

1. Link Type (pe):

lnk_o
  2. Page Name (pageName):

Main: Like us on FB
  3. Page URL (g):

smithandforgehardcider.com/#top

1. Page Id (pid):

Main: Home
    2. Page Id Type (pidt):

3. Page Name (pageName):

Main: Home
    4. Page URL (g):

smithandforgehardcider.com/#top
  4. Session (3)

[img]smithandforgeeg.png[/img]

thanks!

Correct answer by
    Employee

Yabagna,

I think I see the issue.  The rule you created is treating that as a custom link instead of an exit link.  So you are getting the custom link beacon, and then by default SiteCat is tracking all exits links as well.

[img]Screen Shot 2014-02-27 at 4.44.37 PM.png[/img]

Change this to exit link.  This should resolve the issue.

-Rudi

Level 2

Hi Rudi,

I did the updates as you suggested, but unfortunately the problem is still happening.
    This is what i see

[img]smithexample.png[/img]

I found out that this not only happen with click events, i also set some tags with the enters view port event and the site experience the same problem as with the click rules, it fires either a blank tag or the page load tag of the page. The property for this other example is  Blue Moon and the rule name is Blue Moon Brewing Company AV