Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Delay the Adobe Analytics call (after AJAX data is returned)

Level 3

How can I make sure that the s.t() that is triggered by DTM by default is called only after data from AJAX becomes available? With s_code, we just simply called s.t() on AJAX success but I'm not sure how to achieve the same gracefully with DTM. The first thing I've tried is to call the _satellite.pageBottom() only on the AJAX success but I discovered that even complete removal of the _satellite.pageBottom() still doesn't prevent the default pageview DTM call (even though the DTM "Load library at" setting is "Page bottom").

Thank you in advance for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Lukasz,

In the Adobe Analytics tool in DTM, you will have Customize Page Code. Select after UI settings and open editor.

Put the following code:

return false;

This will prevent the Adobe Analytics from firing the image request but it will initilize all of the variables.

The next step will be to create a direct call rule that will send an adobe analytics image request based on s.t().

Once the AJAX code finished to run call

_satellite.track("STRING OF DIRECT CALL RULL");

That will run the direct call rule and the image request will be sent. All of the Global variables declared in the Adobe Analytics tool should be present in the image request.

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes.

Senior Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Lukasz,

In the Adobe Analytics tool in DTM, you will have Customize Page Code. Select after UI settings and open editor.

Put the following code:

return false;

This will prevent the Adobe Analytics from firing the image request but it will initilize all of the variables.

The next step will be to create a direct call rule that will send an adobe analytics image request based on s.t().

Once the AJAX code finished to run call

_satellite.track("STRING OF DIRECT CALL RULL");

That will run the direct call rule and the image request will be sent. All of the Global variables declared in the Adobe Analytics tool should be present in the image request.

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes.

Senior Technical Support Engineer

Level 2

Alexis,

Could this method impact bounce rate since there will be 2 image calls? I did this setup on one of our sites and suddenly my bounce rate is in the low single digits. I'm not buying it.

Thanks!
Chad

Level 3

Hi Alexis,

This looks like a good plan! Thank you very much. We will try it out.

Best regards,

Lukasz

Level 3

I can confirm it worked. Thanks again Alexis.

Level 2
Level 2

I just wanted to add my two cents:  This method worked for me as well. 

I did not have two server calls as Chad did.  Thanks for this answer Alexis!!