Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

CSS Selector Error: socket hang up

Level 1

I'm attempting to use the CSS Selector for the Tag field in the Conditions tab but after I specify the webpage an Error displays:

1253481_pastedImage_0.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I'm seeing the same issue when I try to load your website in the selector. Unfortunately, the issue seems like it may be limited to your website. I was able to test a few secure and non secure pages from other sites without issue. You're welcome to open a ticket with Client Care to see if there is anything they can do.

Otherwise, I'd recommend just using your browser's developer tools or an add-on/extension to capture the CSS path. There are a number of add-on/extensions that make the process very easy. You would then just copy and paste the selector across to the DTM UI.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

What is the URL of the site you are entering after clicking the CSS selector icon? Is that URL behind a firewall or is it accessable from the web?

Correct answer by
Level 10

I'm seeing the same issue when I try to load your website in the selector. Unfortunately, the issue seems like it may be limited to your website. I was able to test a few secure and non secure pages from other sites without issue. You're welcome to open a ticket with Client Care to see if there is anything they can do.

Otherwise, I'd recommend just using your browser's developer tools or an add-on/extension to capture the CSS path. There are a number of add-on/extensions that make the process very easy. You would then just copy and paste the selector across to the DTM UI.