Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Buttons stop working if the analytics servers cannot be reached

Level 1

I noticed that the sattelite lib script stops the propagation of click events on a button if the network request to the analytics server is not successful. Unfortunately some ad or tracking blockers block the analytics domain so this happens quite often.

In that case things like the hamburger menu stop working. When I remove the analytics script from the page everything works fine.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

The solution was to remove the Adobe analytics script until our operation guys could add the necessary CSP headers in production.

The call that stopped the events from propagating was the first call to the analytics subdomain of the main site. The script made another call to secure-ds.serving-sys.com which failed as well (it was blocked by the CSP headers). But that didn't break the site.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Do you have a URL where we can test this? I've never heard of the Analytics beacon being blocked causing an impact to page functionality.

Level 10

Hi Simon,

Did you still need assistance with this issue? If not, would you mind posting the solution you found in case others run into the same issue?

Thanks,
Jantzen

Correct answer by
Level 1

The solution was to remove the Adobe analytics script until our operation guys could add the necessary CSP headers in production.

The call that stopped the events from propagating was the first call to the analytics subdomain of the main site. The script made another call to secure-ds.serving-sys.com which failed as well (it was blocked by the CSP headers). But that didn't break the site.