Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Auditor Report- Analytics Instantiated Once showing 0/failed for URL's which doesn't have analytics code

Level 4

As per the definition for Analytics- Instantiated Once, its supposed to fire when analytics code is found more than once. Ref from: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/auditor/test-ref-cfg.html

However its showing 0/failed against the URL's which have no analytics code at all. Is it working as designed or needs a fix?  If its is working as expected, can you help me understand why it would fail for above scenario?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

Loading the code on the page is not exactly the same as instantiating it.  Instantiations are identified by inspecting list of elements retrieved from window.s_c_il in conjunction with other properties depending on the version of Analytics.

-Erica

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Hi,

If your audit scans any page that uses Analytics, then all pages scanned will contain the results of the tests for Analytics. This is true for each Adobe tech (for example, Target, AMO, DTM, etc).

If you are 100% certain that a specific page doesn't use the specific Adobe tech, you can disregard the "fail".

You may consider using the include/exclude filters to narrow down the audit/scanned pages.

-Erica

Level 4

Thanks Erica!

In order to double check how this test case "Analytics - Instantiated once" works, I added 2 analytics code- one via App measurement and another via DTM on my web site. It leads to 2 analytics server calls from different sources.  Home Page

Is that counted as a case for multiple tags?

I ran Auditor on it and it returns 1 against this test case. I was hoping if we have more than one analytics code, it would return 0/fail.

Can you provide more clarity onto how it works and what exactly it'll check? Will it see for 2 analytics objects on web page?

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

Loading the code on the page is not exactly the same as instantiating it.  Instantiations are identified by inspecting list of elements retrieved from window.s_c_il in conjunction with other properties depending on the version of Analytics.

-Erica

Level 4

Thanks Erica.

That really helps. I ran another test with 2 App measurement objects on my webpage. I check on console via s_c_il and it shows 2 objects. This time, Auditor returned fail for this test case.

Thanks for the clarity!

Level 10

Hi Kanika,

Does one of Erica's replies answer your original question? If so, would you mind clicking the "Correct Answer" button on that reply? This well ensure others viewing this thread get the correct answer.

Thanks,
Jantzen