Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

use aio-lib-state and aio-lib-file in web-src?

Community Advisor

Having an app scren, is it possible to use the libraries aio-lib-state or aio-lib-files and access the data? eg. I want to have some "basic logs" save somewhere and display it on an app screen (component). or do I need to write an action fetching the desired data and then display the response?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @Urs_Boller , it is possible to use aio-lib-state and aio-lib-files in the UI components in `web-src/`, same as any nodejs code. However it does not have the built-in authentication like in the backend action which leverages the namespace credentials to obtain access tokens to State and Files. You would have to manage the authentication in your code. IMO this is not a secure way of using State and Files libs because there are too many vulnerability risks in the frontend code. The best way would still going through the action with `require-adobe-auth` enabled.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @Urs_Boller , it is possible to use aio-lib-state and aio-lib-files in the UI components in `web-src/`, same as any nodejs code. However it does not have the built-in authentication like in the backend action which leverages the namespace credentials to obtain access tokens to State and Files. You would have to manage the authentication in your code. IMO this is not a secure way of using State and Files libs because there are too many vulnerability risks in the frontend code. The best way would still going through the action with `require-adobe-auth` enabled.

Community Advisor
Hi @duypnguyen security is an important case, was just looking for a "quick way". I now implemented a generic action that both handles "getData" and "updateData" for a single screen (based on parameters) and enabled the 'require-adobe-auth'. Works good and just a few lines more than having within the main component itself.