Expand my Community achievements bar.

Send emails to user

Community Advisor

is it possible to send out emails to users somehow? assume I have the email address from the desired user, any chance to send a message?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Employee
Can you elaborate on the context of this ask? Is it about writing an action to send emails to a list of users?

Community Advisor

@duypnguyenthere are currently 2 use cases on our list:

• user can register to certain tasks in the UI. as soon as an action runs and triggers a defined event, an email should be sent to the end user
  • in certain cases I want to send an email to the admin letting him know that the action failed. the admin is either hard coded or set by UI using aio-lib-state

in both cases the users/emails are registered users within the experience cloud (they all have either an AdobeID or a FederatedID). means I could fetch the "/users" and get all information about the desired users.

one way I could think of is using the "notifications" within the experience cloud. if there is a way to submit new "notifications", the end user could decide hinself to either receive emails immediately, daily as summary or none...

Employee
@Urs_Boller - thanks for the details. I don't think there's an OOTB solution for this push notification / email mechanism with Experience Cloud Shell, but will check further. You could however set up the email sender using any node module such as https://nodemailer.com.