Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How To Install Developed Project Firefly For Other Organizations?

Level 2

Hi Team,

We have started working on creating data intensive tool using project firefly.Now its time to publish publicly  so that other Organizations can use it. 

Could anyone help me out how to publish our app.

@sarahxxu @dr_venture 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

I have asked around and we have no formal material built to help support multi org distribution.  It's on the list for a blog post in the future but I don't think that will help you in the short term.  

Basically, our guidance at this time is to use CI/CD build pipelines to automate the manual process of deploying to each org.

We do have documentation around build automation...

Office hours video is found here

Documentation is here

Once you get your project to deploy to one org basically the trick would be to put in all the needed configuration details for each deploy then loop over that data and deploy to each one.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

The question of cross org distribution is a good question.  The bad news is there is not a super simple turn-key way to do this today.  The good news is we have a release in the works for this year that will bring cross org deployment up to that turn-key level. 

Until that is released you will need to do code deploys from your repo into the target org one by one and follow the standard process.  I know it's not the cleanest solution but with some automation workflows like GitHub actions or another build system, you can automate a lot of the process and make it not so repetitive. 

I will go and search and see if someone has something ready to publish on that topic of using a build system to automate.  I will get back to you tomorrow and let you know what I find.

Correct answer by
Employee

I have asked around and we have no formal material built to help support multi org distribution.  It's on the list for a blog post in the future but I don't think that will help you in the short term.  

Basically, our guidance at this time is to use CI/CD build pipelines to automate the manual process of deploying to each org.

We do have documentation around build automation...

Office hours video is found here

Documentation is here

Once you get your project to deploy to one org basically the trick would be to put in all the needed configuration details for each deploy then loop over that data and deploy to each one.