Expand my Community achievements bar.

Bootstrapping already developed App using the CLI

Level 2

@duypnguyen 

When deploying or extending an adobe-io sample project firefly application from Git, and starting with a newly created https://console.adobe.io/ Project and workspace for it. What is the recommended way to also get all the necessary APIs and services mandatory for the Firefly app in question? Is there a similar command to "aio app use" but opposite, or it needs to be done manually step by step for all API, services, events or credentials this app may use?

Some examples from Git:

asset-compute-example-workers/projects at master · adobe/asset-compute-example-workers · GitHub

or

GitHub - AdobeDocs/adobeio-samples-aemaacs-assets-custom-ui

Thanks in advance

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Employee

That would be cool.  If i understand you correctly you are saying the cli can inspect the local application and request all the needed services, workspace, etc in the console for you and set it all up.  Is that right? 
If so I think that would be cool.  I don't think we are there yet but we could check and see if there is something like this on the radar.  It would be a little tricky with key generation and some other items but it's not at all impossible. 

Level 2

Yes, you are right, and nicely put.

However with a slight correction. I wouldn't expect it to do the setup, key generation is done manually in any case. Just up to the part where all the needed services could be requested. 

Even for the simplest examples... is there a way to identify which exact APIs are used, so that I can add them one by one?

Thanks

Employee
@gangula2018 - for now you can look at .aio file, which contains the selected services and APIs in your workspace. Not all the authors commit this file though, so it pretty much depends on the source code you're cloning. We will release a new way of managing workspace configs later this year, and will apply the enhancements that make project setup easier. Thanks for your valuable feedback!

Employee
I think it could do the key gen as well with the right apis in place.

Employee
I think it could do the key gen as well with the right apis in place. Make call to request key, get key and update local .env. I checked with project management and this is not on our radar in the near future. What i suggest is for you to go to the CLI github issues page found here https://github.com/adobe/aio-cli/issues and submit it as a feature request. Post the issue number here when done and I will endorse the idea as well. I think its a great idea.