Expand my Community achievements bar.

What is the Adobe Key versus Adobe Secret?

Level 1

I am trying to fill out the API Key fields in the Wordpress DPS plugin. The Settings>Adobe API panel asks for four fields: Adobe Key, Adobe Secret, Device ID, and Device Token. The API request form I received from Adobe has something called the "Secret Key." So, is that the key or the secret? There is also something called the IMS Client ID on that same form. I already have the device ID and Token. But I do not know how to apply the "secret key" to the API Key settings field.

Is the API request form giving me the key or the secret? If it is the key, where do I get the secret, and vice versa?

Adobe API.png

API Request.png

3 Replies

Employee

Hi,

In the context of the WordPress plugin:

• IMS Client Id = Adobe Key
  • Secret Key = Adobe Secret

- Mike

Level 1

Thanks. The settings were accepted, but I could not publish to the cloud, receiving the following error:

Screen Shot 2015-11-23 at 3.14.16 PM.png

Perhaps you can tell me if this will even work with our current set-up. Our app is built in DPS Classic v32. We have the Digital Publishing plug-in for Wordpress installed, and simply want to see how far we can get toward pushing a WP article anywhere into the existing app. We have not built a 2015 app or gotten started with it in any way. All of our folios in the current 2014 app are simply replica issues. Can we even use this plug-in to push to our app, which again, at this point, is simply a test.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Employee

The WordPress plugin that you are using will only work with DPS 2015. You can migrate your DPS (Classic) contents over to DPS 2015 easily using the Folio Migration Tool (see this for more info) and continue the test with that WordPress plugin.

- Mike