Expand my Community achievements bar.

Take 10 minutes to complete an Adobe Target review on Gartner Peer Insights, and as a thank you for your time, you’ll have the option to receive a $25 gift card!
SOLVED

Target VEC Composer issue

Level 2

Hi everyone,

I have created an A/B activity within Target. So, in the Goals and Settings page I wanted to select the goal metric as conversion and the action I want to do is clicked an element. But, I am having trouble selecting the element. After clicking on Select Element, now I am on the page where I have to select a particular element on that page. Issue here is that, I do not see the page displaying. It just loads forever and never gives me option to select the desired element. I have tried to do it the manual way by clicking on Add Modification button on the right. And then I have entered the selector, but it is still throwing an error saying the selected element does not exist on the page. I have tried using different selectors, but none of them worked. The reason why I am trying to select the element is because I am using Adobe Target as the reporting source, and I want to show the CTR(Click-Through rate) reporting. 

NOTE: The page which I am trying to access is a login protected page. So in order to reach the page we need to login first and then navigate to the desired page. I have tried the Browse option too, but still see the page loading and loading....

We are currently using older version of at.js(1.8)

Thanks in Advance!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Abhisheik - You could try logging into the authenticated area in another tab from the same browser and then try opening it in the VEC while still logged in, that is one approach.   You could also try selecting Viewed a Page, instead of Clicked an Element, as the conversion and enter in the URL of the page that is considered to be the conversion.   Target will count a conversion when that visitor lands on the URL.  Another option would be to fire a location / mbox request at the time of conversion to represent a click, in this case you would select Viewed an Mbox and map it to the custom mbox name that you are passing in at the time of conversion.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Abhisheik - You could try logging into the authenticated area in another tab from the same browser and then try opening it in the VEC while still logged in, that is one approach.   You could also try selecting Viewed a Page, instead of Clicked an Element, as the conversion and enter in the URL of the page that is considered to be the conversion.   Target will count a conversion when that visitor lands on the URL.  Another option would be to fire a location / mbox request at the time of conversion to represent a click, in this case you would select Viewed an Mbox and map it to the custom mbox name that you are passing in at the time of conversion.