Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Target use case for Entry page - need help

Level 1

Running into trouble setting up Target to meet the following use case: [If Incoming traffic is from google organic search and it's going to land on Page A, redirect to Page B. (But if Page A is requested otherwise during the visit, allow A to be shown)]

The trouble is that we can redirect the incoming traffic to Page B as landing page--- But if the person navigates to Page A later in their visit (through site menu or otherwise), they are again redirected to Page B. 

How would you recommend constructing a Target activity to achieve the first-page-of-visit redirect from Page A to Page B, but not interfere with subsequent requests for Page A in the visit?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

I would add an additional parameter to Page A if the user lands on it organically to pass into the global mbox a parameter like "notReferred=true" then in the experience set the condition to be referred from Google and notReferred is not present. This means you need to have logic on the page that passes the notReferred value. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 6

I would add an additional parameter to Page A if the user lands on it organically to pass into the global mbox a parameter like "notReferred=true" then in the experience set the condition to be referred from Google and notReferred is not present. This means you need to have logic on the page that passes the notReferred value.