Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Target Admin Apis -Questions on Filtering, Sorting, and Controlling Fields Returned

Level 4

Hello,

I am looking at working with the Target Admin APIs (not v1, but these https://developer.adobe.com/target/administer/admin-api/). 

I have two main questions:

(1) For some of the "List" endpoints (such as Audiences or Activities), the documentation states that the results can be filtered or sorted by attributes. However, there is no documentation regarding format and what attributes may be filtered by. For example, I did figure out how to filter by Activity state (i.e. ?state=approved,deactivated); however, I cannot figure how to filter by dates of any kind (modified, created, lifetime start, etc). There is no documentation on which date fields (if any) can be filtered on, nor how one could filter by a date range rather than a single date.

(2) For some of the detail endpoints, I noticed that not all data seems to be returned by default. For example, according to the docs, the response from the "/audiences/{id}" endpoint should contain fields for "status" and "type"; however, the response from my endpoint contains neither of these fields. Is there any way to control which fields are returned by the endpoint?

Is there some other place that these options are documented?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

[2.1.23 Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break Answer provided by @shelbygoff:

----------------------------

Hi @KMarchewa, thanks for your question! To answer the first part of your question, here's another document that shows how to add these filtering parameters for list APIs: https://developers.adobetarget.com/api/#list-audiences

As for the second part, it may depend on what version of the API is being used, as the documentation above also shows the expected payload for the GET Audience by ID API, and the state is not present in the payload. I wold recommend opening a support ticket to get to the bottom of that.  

CC: ethomas and sspatra25

Check out the entire 2.1.23 Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break discussion thread for more Adobe experts' insights on related topics, and join us for the next Coffee Break on 4.12.23!

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Administrator

[2.1.23 Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break Answer provided by @shelbygoff:

Hi @KMarchewa, thanks for your question! To answer the first part of your question, here's another document that shows how to add these filtering parameters for list APIs: https://developers.adobetarget.com/api/#list-audiences

As for the second part, it may depend on what version of the API is being used, as the documentation above also shows the expected payload for the GET Audience by ID API, and the state is not present in the payload. I wold recommend opening a support ticket to get to the bottom of that.  

CC: ethomas and sspatra25

Check out the entire 2.1.23 Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break discussion thread for more Adobe experts' insights on related topics, and join us for the next Coffee Break on 4.12.23!