Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Setting same SDID for all Target calls on page

Level 5

Hi everyone!

We're migrating from DTM to Launch. I'm using the 'Adobe Target v2 - Add Params to Page Load Request' action in my Launch rule to add in profile and entity parameters. Previously we did this all in custom code so it's great being able to add these via the extension.

However, one thing I can't seem to set is the SDID value for A4T. On some pages we will have multiple Mboxes firing (as we will want to fire tests based on answers to particular questions, appearance of certain modals etc.), but in the Target requests the SDID values are different each time. How can I make it so that all Target requests on the same page have the same SDID? So far I've tried adding in the mboxMCSDID parameter to the parameters action and it didn't do anything. I also tried adding targetPageParamsAll to fire before the library loads and that didn't work either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Achieved this using the adobe.target.getOffers() method in the at.js 2.0 API and a bit of custom code that resets the SDID to s.visitor._supplementalDataIDLast.

In my rule in Launch, I have the custom code that resets the SDID followed by the below which uses the Target API to manually set the SDID:

adobe.target.getOffers({
    request: {
       "experienceCloud": {
        "analytics": {
          "supplementalDataId" : _satellite.getVar("sdid") // Data element containing last SDID value
        }
      }
   }
})

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Level 4
Experience Cloud Visitor ID service lets you identify users across Experience Cloud solutions.

Level 5
The tricky thing is (correct me if I'm wrong) I think that the SDID needs to match across Mbox calls for A4T to report properly.

Level 10
Philip, yes, SDID in the AA beacon should match mboxMCSDID in the AT request. If you see various values in different mbox calls, I would advise to double check how the implementation of the Experience Cloud ID (VisitorAPI) configuration.

Level 4
The SDID is a parameter used by Analytics and Target to stitch the calls together. For each page view, you should have a new SDID, Target and Analytics calls contain same SDID, This is how Analytics can later create the reports you get from A4T.

Level 5
My situation is that I don't just call Target on the page load. On the page load the SDID in Analytics and Target match. However, there will be instances where I need to fire another call to Target on the same page e.g. if I want to change the layout of a popup that only appears in certain circumstances. What I'm seeing is these calls have a different SDID from the one used in the Analytics call.

Level 4
When a page is fully opened, is your order Target-Analytics-Target or Target-Target-Analytics?

Level 4
You try to adjust the order of rules so that the order is target-target-analytics

Level 5
I've tweaked it so that it goes Target - Target - Analytics but the SDID doesn't match up still.

Level 10

The SDID is used to connect the Analytics and Target hits together on the back end for the A4T integration. I'd suggest using the Experience Cloud ID Service to consistently identify users across your Adobe solutions as it was designed just for that purpose.

"The way the out-of-the-box settings are configured for Target and Analytics integration from an implementation perspective is to use the SDID that is passed from the page to stitch the Target and Analytics request together on the backend automatically for you."

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/target/using/integrate/a4t/a4timplementation.html

Level 5
Hi Jantzen! Many thanks for the response. We do use the Experience Cloud ID Service and fire this on all pages before we load in Analytics or Target. What happens is when we have two Target calls on the same page (use case here is to update profile parameters based on a customer's action), the SDID of the second Target call doesn't match the Analytics call.

Level 10
Thanks for the additional information. I'll see if we can get some target resources to chime in here since i'm not much of a Target expert myself. Stay tuned.

Correct answer by
Level 5

Achieved this using the adobe.target.getOffers() method in the at.js 2.0 API and a bit of custom code that resets the SDID to s.visitor._supplementalDataIDLast.

In my rule in Launch, I have the custom code that resets the SDID followed by the below which uses the Target API to manually set the SDID:

adobe.target.getOffers({
    request: {
       "experienceCloud": {
        "analytics": {
          "supplementalDataId" : _satellite.getVar("sdid") // Data element containing last SDID value
        }
      }
   }
})

Level 2

How can you manually set the SDID if visitorapi.js and at.js are not fired from within a TMS?