Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Recommendation without category

Level 2

I am wondering how recommendation engine able to recommend products without category. I am capturing the common entity parameters like id, name, image etc but not capturing the category as it is not available on any of the product page. I created a sample activity with recommended for you criteria based on last viewed item. When I access the activity on any product page in incognito, the recommendation appears with exactly same category.

Eg. car Tyre PDP page will show all the Tyre items, Car light page will show all the light items.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Eric,
My question was on how it is currently working. I found something interesting here
Where Can I Learn About The Science Behind Target's Recommendations Algorithms? | Adobe Target

Recommendation engine will recommend all the products but it will sort the result considering the current product attributes like name, link, description and even image

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @ganeshshlk - I am not quite following the question above. Are you trying to figure out how Target Recommendations makes a suggestion without the use of categoryId? Is the above scenario with tyres how it is currently working or how you want it to work?

As a side note, I try to keep an eye on this page - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/recommendations/recommendations-faq/recommendat... to keep up with any FAQs for recs.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Eric,
My question was on how it is currently working. I found something interesting here
Where Can I Learn About The Science Behind Target's Recommendations Algorithms? | Adobe Target

Recommendation engine will recommend all the products but it will sort the result considering the current product attributes like name, link, description and even image

Thanks

Community Advisor

if you dont give category , it will end up in recommend any product.

Also wondering how you manage to create a collection , without a category id.

Level 2

Hi Sundeep,

Thanks for the reply.
If there is no category then recommendation engine will recommend all the products but it will sort the result considering the current product attributes like name, link, description and even image as mentioned here Where Can I Learn About The Science Behind Target's Recommendations Algorithms? | Adobe Target

Thanks