I am trying to figure out configuration for setting up "rawboxes" with emails. I've been reading the 1 pager Adobe has, but it just leaves me with a bunch of questions that I was hoping someone can answer.
1) I understand a URL needs to be called out from the ESP - but where exactly does that happen? Do I just hand the URL to the ESP and expect them to know how to use it? Or do I have to integrate it onto the email HTML somehow (like an Ajax call).
2) The URL paramters:
- mbox = the div id in the HTML? do I need to inject an mboxUpdate function as well?
- mBoxPC / mBoxSession = do I need to come up with values for this? or does the ESP generate them dynamically?
- entity.id = I believe i need to provide this to the ESP to inject
- mboxDefault / mboxHost : what is the purpose of these?
A rawbox call is very similar to an adbox, but instead of returning an image, the recommendations server returns raw HTML. The ESP needs a way to take this HTML and include it in the email when it is sent.