Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn More

View all

Sign in to view all badges

Metrics are not counting up within Reports

Avatar

Avatar
Level 1
chrish75788707
Level 1

Likes

0 likes

Total Posts

1 post

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile

Avatar
Level 1
chrish75788707
Level 1

Likes

0 likes

Total Posts

1 post

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile
chrish75788707
Level 1

15-07-2021

Hi all,

w
e are currently experiencing strange behavior in the reports from one of our A / B tests.

It's a form-based test where we simply collect the click events of some buttons / links.

Problem: Only two of these are incremented in the reports. The rest only seems to count when we test our JS functions!

 

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 15.17.40.png

(FYI: I don't want to rule out the possibility that we still have a bug in our code)

 

Has anyone ever had this behavior in general?

All metrics are created in the same way in "Goals & Settings" ("Conversion" & "Viewed an mbox").

The audience is set to "All visitors".

The network queries show that all "trackEvents ()" were triggered and were successful.

 

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Avatar

Avatar
Give Back 25
Employee
ryanr701
Employee

Likes

199 likes

Total Posts

224 posts

Correct Reply

89 solutions
Top badges earned
Give Back 25
Give Back 10
Give Back 5
Give Back 3
Give Back
View profile

Avatar
Give Back 25
Employee
ryanr701
Employee

Likes

199 likes

Total Posts

224 posts

Correct Reply

89 solutions
Top badges earned
Give Back 25
Give Back 10
Give Back 5
Give Back 3
Give Back
View profile
ryanr701
Employee

20-07-2021

Hi @chrish75788707,

Looks like you are using Target as the reporting source. So, the first things I'd check are (and it sounds like you've already checked - but just for others who may see this):

  1. Confirm my metric settings in the activity. Are the mbox names exactly what I'm expecting? Have you added any audience refinements to the mboxes? Are the audience refinements exactly right?
  2. Confirm the "goal" metric versus the "additional metrics". Will a visitor convert on the goal metric prior to the additional metrics? If so check the advanced settings on the goal metric don't "release user" this would prevent subsequent conversions from getting reported.
  3. Double check your code that fires the conversion requests to Target. Check in the request to Target (via developer console or Adobe AEP Debugger) that the mbox names in those requests match exactly what you are expecting. Check any additional parameters (perhaps used in audience refinement rules) are exactly what you are expecting.
  4. Check other environments in the reports. If your account has been setup with different host groups or environments you might not see QA reporting unless you switch the reporting environment. Report view > gear icon (right of date range dropdown) > environment > pick appropriate option.
  5. If all this looks good but I'm still not seeing my reporting data. I'd try copying the Target activity and checking reporting in the duplicate of the activity. It's possible (though rare) that if you made several changes to an activity something could get corrupted in the activity. A copy/duplication of the activity will correct that.

Hope that helps,

Ryan