Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!
SOLVED

Is it possible to run 2 different A/B tests on the same page?

Level 2

Hi!

We are trying to run two different experiences, both have to be A/B, pointing to the same page.

Nevertheless, we can't find a solution to get both custom scripts, as it only returns one of them.

Is it possible to run 2 different A/B tests on the same page at the same time?

If so, does anybody have a solution for it?

Many thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It is possible provided both have distinct segments i..e no clash on the traffic

again it more depends on your segments i.e. are segments mutual exclusive in both of the AB Tests. If not , you will not see proper results.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It is possible provided both have distinct segments i..e no clash on the traffic

again it more depends on your segments i.e. are segments mutual exclusive in both of the AB Tests. If not , you will not see proper results.

Level 4

I would argue that the experiences should be mutually exclusive and not the segments. It is okay to have overlapping segments witnessing both the tests as long as the experience from one test does not influence the experience from another test. 

Target splits visitors randomly to an A/B test. So each test would randomly split the traffic individually to qualify for its experiences. As long as the mutual exclusivity of the experiences are taken care of the results should be valid.

Level 3

You could run the test as a MVT rather than 2 different AB's to determine the best combination, then if needed you could run an AB with the winning variant to test it's true performance vs. current/default.  Hard to tell if this is an acceptable solution without more detail, just a thought based on what information has been provided.