As I'm quite new to Target Premium, I would like to ask you about Auto-Target and Automated Personalization as the following:
1. Referred to this paragraph “The length of time it takes for models to build in your Auto-Target activity typically depends on the traffic to your selected activity location(s) and your activity success metric. For Auto-Target, simple rules of thumb can be used to understand traffic requirements:When Conversion is your success metric: 1,000 visits and at least 50 conversions per day per experience, and in addition the activity must have at least 7,000 visits and 350 conversions.”
If the activity has run for a while, but the traffic is inconsistency. For example, there is more than 1000 visits and at least 50 conversions per day per experience for first 3 days, but for the 4th day the conversion and traffic dramatically dropped which less than the minimum requirement and also happen for another next day. Does the personalize model work within the dropped traffic period?
2. Are we able to know exact date when the personalize models (Green checkmark) is built?
3. If we change the existing lived activity (ex. Picture), how the Target work? Does it keep learning and build new model?
4. How can we retarget visitors from personalized groups using Target?
(1) "Does the personalize model work within the dropped traffic period?"
Yes - this is an on-average recommendation, and most critical at the beginning of your Activity when you want to get your first model built. Once models are built, we attempt to rebuild models every 24 hours. if there is not sufficient traffic in a specific day to rebuild the model, we'll simply use the model from yesterday to continue to personalize.
(2) "Are we able to know exact date when the personalize models (green checkmark) is built?"
No, because of the differences in actual traffic you mentioned above, and the fact that we only push models to production when they meet certain quality requirements.
(3) "If we change the existing live activity (ex. Picture), how does Target work? Does it keep learning and build new model?"
Yes, you can add new experiences (Auto-Target) or offers (Automated Personalization) to a live activity. Target will build a new model for that offer/experience. In the case of Automated Personalization, if you put the new offer in a reporting group, then that new offer will use the information from the other offers in the reporting group to serve that content. It will continue to serve personalized offers/experiences for the current/existing offers/experiences.
*(4) "How can we re-target visitors from personalized groups using Target?"
I'm trying to determine if this is possible. Stay tuned!