Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn More

View all

Sign in to view all badges

Adobe Target API with Global MBox

Avatar

Avatar
Level 1
lmckechnie
Level 1

Likes

0 likes

Total Posts

2 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile

Avatar
Level 1
lmckechnie
Level 1

Likes

0 likes

Total Posts

2 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile
lmckechnie
Level 1

16-02-2021

I am new to Adobe Target and have been trying to follow the Above Target API documentation.  On the surface this looks very straightforward, but I have been unsuccessful when trying to perform any requests from the postman collection on any of our existing activities.  Although I get 200 response status, there is never any content.

It is not clear to me what should go in host, url and in mbox name.  I have tried many combinations with what I think are the obvious answers to these, but obvious has resulted in an incorrect response.

I have chosen an activity which has a at_property in order to understand authentication, but it is quite clear where we put the token value.  Another part of the problem is our activity uses the global mbox and the response for example from the https://*******.tt.omtrdc.net/rest/v1/delivery endpoint is 

{
"status": 400,
"message": "Errors: field - [execute.mboxes] - global mbox is not allowed in mboxes.;"
}
 
I have read that use of global mboxes has been the norm for several years.  Please could somebody advise where I am going wrong.
Thank you.
Target API Global box

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Avatar

Avatar
Level 1
lmckechnie
Level 1

Likes

0 likes

Total Posts

2 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile

Avatar
Level 1
lmckechnie
Level 1

Likes

0 likes

Total Posts

2 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
View profile
lmckechnie
Level 1

16-02-2021

We have now successfully done this with omitting the mbox array in the request and using 

"execute": {
"pageLoad": {}
}
in the request body instead.
I think given use of a global mbox is now the norm, the docs would benefit from including this in the postman too.