Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!

Where to find goal metrics within Adobe Analytics

Level 2

hi

i've set up a campaign and the goal metric has been set to "conversion" - "clicked an element". and that element is a link on the page.

but where/how can i then see the report of this goal metric within adobe?

thanks in advance

simon

4 Replies

Level 4

You defined the conversion in Target? It won't be ported over as an event to Analytics. You would have to create  an Analytics event and implement it on the click action. We created an eVar specifically for this purpose. To send click actions to Analytics.

Let me know if you have any questions and I can show what we did.

Russ

Level 2

thanks for the quick reply Russ.

yes, i defined this conversion in Target within "goals and settings" and set the 'reporting source' as "adobe analytics".

i would have assumed that as I was allowed to set this, this option would be out of the box and set up within analytics?

or shall I change the "reporting source" to "target" to allow this conversion to come through?

thanks

simon

Level 4

Not very intuitive right? Even though you selected Analytics as the data source you would have to have an Analytics event implemented for that action.

1463061_pastedImage_0.png

This would look at the Analytics event 23.

If you choose Target as the data source you would have to have an mbox implemented to fire when the event occurs. It just depends on what you have implemented when determining what data source. 

Level 2

hello @russpainter when you are choosing the custom event 23 
should you use it as a query param in your implementation and sending the appropriate value in it to see the numbers in adobe analytics?
like that :

?pe=tnt&tnta={payload}&mcid={mcid}&customevent23=Button1 

"
what is the integration you are using ? is it Data Insertion Api