Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

What is your-tnt-id or your-thirdpartyid from Adobe Target Profile?

Level 2

Hi,

I am trying to use Adobe Target "Profile" REST API. I want to know where can i find your-tnt-id or your-thirdpartyid for below API calls ?

Fetching a profile:

https://<your-client-code>.tt.omtrdc.net/rest/v1/profiles/your-tnt-id?client=<your-client-code>

https://<your-client-code>.tt.omtrdc.net/rest/v1/profiles/thirdPartyId/your-thirdpartyid?<your-client-code>

Please guide where can i find this id, as i didn't get any info on this from documentation.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

11 Replies

Employee

hi prabakarm88093071​,

The mbox3rdPartyID is your company's visitor ID, such as the membership ID for your company's loyalty program.

Which means that this is something that you need to pass in your implementation. Once you pass it you can see it as part of your mbox as a mbox parameter in the network call.

When a visitor accesses a page on which Target is enabled, that visitor is assigned a Target PCID. If the visitor then logs in, and the implementation passes the mbox3rdPartyID to Target, Target connects that visitor's mbox3rdPartyID with the Target PCID.

Ref: Real-time profile syncing for mbox3rdPartyID

For information on how to pass the mbox3rdPartyID as a parameter, refer to section "Page parameters (also called "mbox parameters") " under  Methods to get data into Target

Hope this helped answer your question.

Level 4

Hi,

I created an Adobe Target Chrome Extension that might help you with this as well.  This extension allows you to see your mbox3rdPartyId AND your Adobe Target ID on the ID tab.  I also have an example setup for you to see.

1.  First, download the extension here:

MiaProva - Chrome Web Store

2.  Second, once you have the extension in place, visit MiaProva - Welcome

Click on the ID tab and then you can see the ID you are looking for. 

1626182_pastedImage_1.png

3.  If you visit the activities tab on the same page and then expand a test, you can see the Adobe Target mbox calls where the ID's are being passed:

1626183_pastedImage_2.png

4.  If you wanted to read more about what this extension offers, check out this post:  Adobe Target Chrome Extension brought to you by MiaProva ·

Chrome extension is useful. I have activated ABTest in Target for a specific page. When I launch the page, i get 'Adobe Target Visitor ID' and 'Experience Cloud Visitor ID', but '1st Party ID' is empty. I am not sure why is the 1ST PARTY ID (MBOX3RDPARTYID) is empty.

When I click on "Activities" tab, it says "No Adobe Target Activities Detected". I see 4 parameters (experience.name, profile.activeActivities, activity.name, and activity.id) enabled under response token. I am not sure why this activities tab shows empty.

To fetch a profile, Should I use

https://<your-client-code>.tt.omtrdc.net/rest/v1/profiles/your-tnt-id?client=<your-client-code>

(or)

https://<your-client-code>.tt.omtrdc.net/rest/v1/profiles/thirdPartyId/your-thirdpartyid?<your-cli ent-code>

I have the client code already, no issues on that. But, From where can i get your-tnt-id and your-thirdpartyid?

Employee

Hi prabakarm88093071​, As mentioned earlier,  The mbox3rdPartyID is your company's visitor ID, such as the membership ID for your company's loyalty program.

Which means that this is something that you need to pass in your implementation. Once you pass it you can see it as part of your mbox as a mbox parameter in the network call. Otherwise you won't be seeing it. Its not something that is there by default.

Level 2

Ok, what is that implementation you are mentioning here? Also, to fetch a profile, i just need 'tnt-id' not mbox3rdPartyID, correct?

Employee

Yes you can use the tnt-id or the mbox3rdpartyID to fetch the profile. To use the mbox3rdpartyId you will first need to pass it as a mbox parameter as part of the mbox call. For information on how to pass the mbox3rdPartyID as a parameter, refer to section "Page parameters (also called "mbox parameters") " under  Methods to get data into Target

If you would want to fetch the profile using the tnt-id, use the mboxPc value from your network call.

Sample call: https://clientcode.tt.omtrdc.net/rest/v1/profiles/0ffb83f399734c0a80db874100028d7d.17_103?client=clientcode

1631261_pastedImage_2.png

Hope this helps.

Level 2

I still have doubts on this, couldn't fix it.

1. I installed Adobe Debugger. I couldn't see mbox3rdPartyID through that.

Here is my sample code, sending mbox3rdPartyID: Please correct me if anything wrong in it.

import React, { Component } from 'react';

import { hot } from 'react-hot-loader';

import Helmet from 'react-helmet';

import { AdobeTargetForReact } from '/lib/index.js';

class App extends Component {

componentDidMount() {

let event = new CustomEvent('at-view-start', {

//Adobe Target addition

detail: {

mbox: 'target-global-testmbox',

params: {

//paramKey: "paramValue"

//orderId: "ORDER ID FROM YOUR ORDER PAGE",

//orderTotal: "ORDER TOTAL FROM YOUR ORDER PAGE",

//productPurchasedId: "PRODUCT ID FROM YOUR ORDER PAGE, PRODUCT ID2, PRODUCT ID3"

mbox3rdPartyID: "123123123"

}

}

});

document.dispatchEvent(event);

}

render() {

return (

<Template title="My App">

<Helmet

title="New Web Ref App"

script={[

{

innerHTML: 'document.addEventListener("at-view-start", function(event) { var mbox = event.detail.mbox; var params = event.detail.params; adobe.target.getOffer({ mbox: mbox, params: params, success: function(offers) { var e = new CustomEvent("at-offers-received", {detail: {offers : offers, mbox: mbox } }); document.dispatchEvent(e); },error: function(status, error) {console.warn("Adobe Target custom mBox ( " + mbox + " ) request did not succeed :: ", status, error); var e = new CustomEvent("at-offers-received", {detail: {offers : [], mbox: mbox}}); document.dispatchEvent(e);} });});'

},

{

innerHTML: 'window.targetGlobalSettings = {globalMboxAutoCreate: false}'

},

{

'src': 'https://xxxx/yyyy/zzz/bbb/at-min.js',

'type': 'text/javascript'

}

]}

/>

</Template>

);

}

}

export default hot(module)(App);

2. I know well about what is tntid and mbox3rdPartyID (company's visitor ID).

I am trying to use this profile API locally (within our environment - let's say whether localhost or host in a server within our dev environment)

Where can i see "tntid"? Why can't i get "tntid" and use, instead of mbox3rdparty to fetch profile? I am not getting exactly about it.

Level 1

Can you please provide updated link for "Methods to get data into Target"? The link is broken, gives "Page not found" error.

Can you share the URL where this test is in place?  I can take a look and let you know exactly what is going on. 

You can also email me at brian at miaprova dot com if you want to keep the test info private. 

Employee Advisor

prabakarm88093071​,

Here are step by step directions on how to find your clientcode:

1. Install the Adobe Debugger (BETA) https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adobe-experience-cloud-de/ocdmogmohccmeicdhlhhgepeaijenapj

2. Open the Debugger on the page get the Client Code from the Summary tab. See screenshot below.

_1._client_code.png

Mihnea Docea  | Technical Support Rep, Customer Care | Customer & Employee Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Employee

Hi prabakarm88093071

tntid : This is the ID you receive in the target call headers once you send any request to the target or visit a page where target is implemented

mbox3rdparty ID : This ID is used to sync your customer's data from 3rd party tool with Target. They are basically referring to the unique identifiers of your visitors on your page. This would also require an implementation to pass the 3rd party ID as the mbox parametre in Target call to sync the visitors with your 3rd party tools of the website.

Hope that helps.