Expand my Community achievements bar.

Troubleshooting techniques for A/B manual traffic allocation (Redirects)

Level 2

What troubleshooting techniques do you follow when manual traffic allocation for a A/B/C tests aren't working as planned?

I have a test with 2 variants, both being redirected to another URL. It's set as 34/30/30, but traffic being reported from Target/AA is 60/20/20. I've had a similar problem with a redirect that was suppose to be 50/50 and was instead 70/30.  No collisions being reported for the test.

Thanks!

3 Replies

Employee

Hi Anthony,

Please check if the required per-requistes for using redirect offers with A4T are in place on the website :

• Experience Cloud Visitor ID Service: visitorAPI.js version 2.3.0 or later.
  • Adobe Analytics: appMeasurement.js version 2.1.
  • Adobe Target: at.js version 0.9.6 or later.

Hope that helps.

Employee

Hi Anthony, also ensure that the libraries are loaded in the right order. Visitor Api , then target followed by analytics. Once this is verified ensure that SDID or supplemental data id is being set correctly in both target and analytics calls and are the same. Otherwise it would result in unstitched hits that would skew the reporting data. More information on the same can be found here.

Employee

Hi anthonym19150251

As Target and Analytics have different engines to count visitors, it is recommended to verify Traffic split of A4T activities through Target activity performance APIs. APIs can be referred here >  Target API v1.0

Hope that helps.