Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

Too many recommendations slows down site?

Level 2

Hello,

Just had a question, if we displayed a number of different recommendations on a retail homepage or product page.  i.e Recently viewed; category affinity; customers also viewed; popular products from favourite brand.

Does it have any performance impact?

Thanks

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

ibaxteruk​,

What you are describing sounds exactly like the intended use case for Recommendations:

Recently Viewed
Customers also viewed. Popular products from favorite brand
etc...

Typically I've seen about two of these on most pages but I don't think it's a decision made due to slowness rather I think it comes from not wanting to overwhelm the customer with too many options. Recs should be able to handle this.

If this helps you don't forget to like, mark as helpful & mark as answer as that helps me  Hope you have a wonderful day.

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Community Advisor

I would also add that performance largely depends on how you implement. If you run all these activities through VEC, then you have one call on the page that will take 60-100ms per qualified activity. If you broke them up into individual calls, then you have one call per activity at around the same performance. It just depends on how you want the network traffic to look.