Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

Target variants not persisting after coming from page

Level 3

Hi All,

I am facing one issue in my Production site. The issue is , I am landing in to 'variant B' still cart page am in same variant, when i am moving from cart page to other page or coming back to product display page the variant is 'C' or 'Control'. its keep on changing. The variant is not persisting entire session.

Thanks in Advance.

7 Replies

Level 4

Some follow up questions

1. Are both locations in the variant B in the test? Are you using the visual editor or the form based setup?

2. Are both locations on the same domain?

3. How does the visitor appear in the data?

4. Have you verified that your mbox cookie value persists from Cart Page to the Product Display page?

These things can lead to Target thinking you haven't entered the campaign and gives you a new experience.

Give me the details and I might be able to help fix the issue.

Level 3

Hi @russpainter,

Thanks for the reply.. Please check the below answers for your questions.

1. Are both locations in the variant B in the test? Are you using the visual editor or the form based setup?

Yes.Consider the test is Sitewide (All pages).  I am using Form based approach. 

2. Are both locations on the same domain?

Yes Domain is same. The page is different.

3. How does the visitor appear in the data?

Based on the URL configuration

4. Have you verified that your mbox cookie value persists from Cart Page to the Product Display page?

When i am using Form based approach, i am not able to see the Mbox cookie.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Hariharan

Level 4

From the details you provided this seems like there shouldn't be any issue with what you are trying to do. You might want to run this by CC and see if they can help you troubelshoot

Level 3

Thanks for your reply.

f its happening in All page, i can go with CC. But its happening only in Cart page.  I thinking is there any issue with configuring mbox.js in Cart page or Internally Mbox.js is doing something in Cart page. .

Community Advisor

Hariharn,

By any chance have you amended Advanced Setting while selecting Success metrics? A possible reason for not qualifying for the same experience could be setting success metric to "Increment count,Release user and bar from reentry".

Another  reason could be if your Experience B has any qualification rule which results False once you have visited Cart page. A very common example is Frequency capping where you can restrict an experience to be viewed only certian number of times (Say once in your case). If its not wasy to find out,

1. take snapshots of mboxTrace when you see Exp. B and when you return back and see different experrience

2. Comapre whether any attribute has changed

3. Check whether any of your Experience Audiences are based on changed attribute values.

Hope this helps,

Rajneesh

Hi Rajneesh,

Thanks for reply. The issue not only happening for one campaign. All site wide campaign this issue happening.

For example:If i want to validate one Dev campaign, I can go with ?TARGETQA=TEST parameter for audience . Till cart page i am in the campaign after cart page my QA parameter session is cleared so Again i need to add QA params.

Thanks,

Hariharan S

Community Advisor

Hi Hariharn, my last resort recommendation in this case will be to use mboxTrace on 2 pages (one where you see expected experience and another where it doesnt work) and compare the results - can you please share what output you get after you have done this?

Though its not clear from your ask but sounds like you are creating an audience on the basis of URL contains TARGETQA=TEST on one page and expecting that audience to be active on all pages during that visit (even on those pages where parameter TARGETQA=TEST is not available). Is that correct?

Regards,

Rajneesh