Highlighted

Retrieving array values within a profile

dan82214677

dan82214677

dan82214677

01-02-2019

Hi

I'm attempting to retrieve specific values from an array I have stored within a profile.  The usual method I would use to retrieve these via Javascript doesn't appear to be working, so not sure if I've missed something obvious or not?!

I have created an array with 2 dimensions, which, from looking at the mbox trace, seems to look as I would expect it to look, see below:

1681320_pastedImage_2.png

The above array contains 4 2 dimensional values.  If I copy this local profile to a variable, e.g.

var testArray = [];

var testArray = user.getLocal('Debug_AA.Init_2');

..and apply the '.length' i.e. testArray.length, it returns 4, which I would expect.  I have also been able to push values to this, again, verifying for me this is an array.

When I attempt to retrieve a value from this, e.g. testArray[0][0], like I would normally do, it doesn't work, when I save the profile I get the following. 

1681321_pastedImage_3.png

Maybe there's a specific way in which to get these values within the profiles which is different from regular javascript?! I'd be grateful for any help.

Many thanks

Dan

Replies

Andrey_Osadchuk

MVP

Andrey_Osadchuk

MVP

Andrey_Osadchuk
MVP

01-02-2019

Hi Dan,

Could you attach the full script?

Highlighted

dan82214677

dan82214677

dan82214677

01-02-2019

Hi Andrey

I've included the beginning of the script, see below.  To summarise, I'm retrieving the contents of local profile 'Product_Affinity' and putting this in the variable 'product_affinity' if it exists.  I'm then attempting to put the value located in index [0][0] of this 2 dimension array into the variable 'array_pick'.  This is the line that creates the error.

// *** Profile Script beginning

var product_affinity = [];

var prod_display_index;

var prod_display;

var prod_type_pos;

var add_prod;

var add_prod_value;

var prod_affinity_val;

var prod_type;

var pts=[];

var new_session;

var i;

//var push_array;

if (user.getLocal('Product_Affinity')) {

user.setLocal('Debug_AA.Init_1','prod_aff from profile: ' + user.getLocal('Product_Affinity')); // for purposes of debugging

product_affinity = user.getLocal('Product_Affinity'); //

//user.setLocal('Debug_AA.Init_2','prod_aff from var: ' + product_affinity); // for purposes of debugging

}else if (!user.getLocal('Product_Affinity')) {

user.setLocal('Debug_AA.Init_2','Profile doesnt exist'); // for purposes of debugging

}

user.setLocal('Debug_AA.Init_3', product_affinity); // for purposes of debugging to prove product_affinity exists

// *** Populate product_affinity var array, used for testing purposes only

//var push_array = new Array(99, 5);

//product_affinity.push(push_array);

//user.setLocal('Product_Affinity',product_affinity);

// user.setLocal('Debug_AA.Init_5: prod affinity push', product_affinity); // for purposes of debugging to prove product_affinity exists at this point

// get array value

var array_pick;

array_pick = product_affinity[0][0]; // this line breaks the script, commenting this out allows script to run!

user.setLocal('Debug_AA.Init_6:[0][0]',array_pick);

// *** Profile Script ends

Many thanks

Dan

Highlighted

Andrey_Osadchuk

MVP

Andrey_Osadchuk

MVP

Andrey_Osadchuk
MVP

01-02-2019

Dan,

Add if ( product_affinity && product_affinity[0] && product_affinity[0][0] ) before array_pick = product_affinity[0][0];

This will help prevent a JS error if the array element does not exist.

Let me know if that solves the issue.

Highlighted

dan82214677

dan82214677

dan82214677

06-02-2019

Hi Andrey

Unfortunately this doesn't solve it, for some reason when I try to use those 2 index positions in the product_affinity variable, e.g. product_affinity[x][y] the code errors.  I don't know whether the javascript within the profiles is capable of taking 2 dimensions, seems odd I'm able to count the number and push, but seem unable to retrieve these individual values within it.

Thanks

Dan

Highlighted

Andrey_Osadchuk

MVP

Andrey_Osadchuk

MVP

Andrey_Osadchuk
MVP

06-02-2019

Hi Dan,

It seems to me there may be something with the code logic rather than with the limited support of multi-dimensional arrays... If you are sure in the code logic, try to replace the array with an object.