Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

Restricting Access to the Default Workspace

Level 4

In the product info about setting up new workspaces there is a paragraph dedicated to the default workspace and specifically how you must actively restrict access if you don't want all users to have access to it, but no instruction on how to do this.  Can you direct me to specific content regarding how to do this? 

Info referenced:

How to Configure Target Workspaces in Adobe Admin Console

"Understand Default Workspaces

While these specific Workspaces serve to contain, organize and streamline Users’ Activities on Target - whether it be by region, internal organization, specialty or anything else - Default Workspaces function as a type of catch- all environment, where anyone who has access to Target will have access to that Organization’s Default Workspace. It is up to the Administrator to restrict Users’ access to the Default Workspace and instead assign those Users to the Workspace that specifically concerns their work. For more on Target Workspaces, visit Target’s online community at forums.adobe.com."

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Kathryn,

First I want to clarify that this part of the KB article you have referenced does not indicate this is a must to do:

"It is up to the Administrator to restrict Users’ access to the Default Product Profile/Workspace and instead assign those Users to the Workspace that specifically concerns their work."

There is no benefit in doing so unless you are assigning Properties to the Product Profile/Workspace and want to make it so that some users only see the activities created in their Product Profile/Workspace and don't have access to the activities created int he Default Product Profile/Workspace it is best to leave the users in the Default Product Profile/Workspace and just managed their access rights from the permissions drop down: Approver, Editor, Observer.

I highly recommend watching this office hours we have on this topic. You can access it here: https://helpx.adobe.com/customer-care-office-hours/target/premium-workspaces.html

I hope this has helped make more sense of the situation. If you feel I've been helpful please like, mark as helpful and mark as answer. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Employee

kathryns6136032

If you want to remove the 'Default Workspace' access for any user , you can simple do it from Admin Console as below

1. Login to Admin console of your account (only system administrators have the access to this)

2. Navigate to products > Target > select 'Default workspace' from right

3. Now remove the user from the workspace if you don't want to share it with any specific user. Or you can also change the access level from Approver > Editor > Observer as per your requirement

Hope that helps.

Employee Advisor

kathryns6136032

It might not be a good idea to delete the Default Workspace. That is where all of the current activities and users probably live. If you would like to organize I would recommend adding workspaces but there is no real advantage to deleting the Default Workspace.

If you haven't seen it yet I would highly recommend this office hours video: Adobe Target: Premium Workspaces

If this satisfies your query please like, mark as helpful and mark as answer. Otherwise lets keep the conversation going. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335