Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

Real-time onsite retargeting (Target and Audience Manager)

Level 10
Hi everyone,

I am trying to set up an experiencing targeting activity for the scenario when a visitor gets personalised content on “Site Y page B” if he has already visited “Site X page A”. It works, but only in about 15-30 min after visiting page A (not earlier).

Is it possible to activate AAM segment for immediate action (personalisation) in Target?

Environment:

- AAM
- AT
- MCID Service
(all libraries are the latest versions)

AAM:
- a rule-based trait, Audience Library data source
- a segment based on that trait, Audience Library data source

AT:
- experience targeting linked to the AAM segment (available via Audience Library)

11 Replies

Level 5

Hi Andrey,

Based on https://helpx.adobe.com/marketing-cloud-core/kb/People/Audience-Creation-Options.html I would say no.
I'm not familiar with AAM in details, so I won't know if there are some way of pushing AAM data to a mbox on page load, if you could do that then you would have the data available in Target for realtime targeting.

If the visitor are sharing the same identifier in Target, you could just create a profile script that sets a flag on the users profile when visiting the "page B on sige Y". Then you just have to create an audience in Target based on the user profile. That works in realtime. That of cause requires, that you own and operate both sites... (I guess you don't, since you aks about AAM???)

/Løjmann

Level 10

Hi Lojman, thank you for your reply and the link! AAM is able to deliver customer segments in real-time, it is essential for advertising. 

I was wondering if somebody from Adobe could comment on whether it is possible to set up an Experience Targeting activity that would work in real-time based on the AAM segments?

Level 10

Hi everybody,

Please have a look at the screenshots with the configuration, maybe you can advise what should be tuned to make the real-time retargeting work?

AAM Data Source

AAM Trait

AAM Segment

AAM Profile Merge Rule

AT Experience Targeting Activity

Level 2

Hi Andrey,

If you run an mboxTrace, do you receive both cachedSegmentIds and segmentIds? When we originally attempted this, a setting had to be provisioned for us to use non-cached segments from AAM. Once provisioned, this was real time.

Level 10

Hi Nicholash, 
Could you please share what setting had to be provisioned?

Level 10

Hi everybody,

Please have a look at the screenshots with the configuration, maybe you can advise what should be tuned to make the real-time retargeting work?

AAM Data Source

AAM Trait

AAM Segment

AAM Profile Merge Rule

AT Experience Targeting Activity

Level 2

Hi Andrey,

If you run an mboxTrace, do you receive both cachedSegmentIds and segmentIds? When we originally attempted this, a setting had to be provisioned for us to use non-cached segments from AAM. Once provisioned, this was real time.

Level 10

Hi Nicholash, 
Could you please share what setting had to be provisioned?

Level 1

Hi Andrey, 

I am also dealing with the same issue, creating a real time experience in Adobe Target using Adobe Audience Manager. I am trying to find visitors that visited X page, but didn't visit Y page (visitors that are not completed funnell)

Did you accomplish to create a real time scenerio and do you have any findings?