Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

Not able to load page in VEC

Employee Advisor

hi all,

I'm trying to load a page in VEC but it is giving an error "We did not find Target libraries in your website. Allow VEC Helper extension to inject libraries in your website to enable authoring."

When I debugged whether target libraries are present on the page or not, I found that libraries are already present on the page and mbox JSON is getting fired properly.

What might be a possible reason for this error?

Thanks in advance,

Gauresh Kodag

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

14 Replies

Employee Advisor

gaureshk30144236​,

The VEC uses iFrames to load the content. It could be that the site in question is blocking X-Frames-Options you can validate if this is the case by looking for an error about this in the Developer Tools > Console. If that is the case the fix would be to have your web developer add adobe.com to a whitelist of domains that are allowed to load the site in iframe. The work-around would be to set up Requestly with a rule to throw away those headers see attached screen-shot for Requestly rule below:

If this satisfies your query please like, mark as helpful and mark as answer. Otherwise lets keep the conversation going. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Screen-shot of Requestly rule:

1_requestly_rule.png

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Level 10

Just in case you have not used the Target VEC Helper extension, I do advise to give it a try. Usually, this is the simplest and fastest way to make the VEC working as expected.

Adobe Target VEC Helper - Chrome Web Store

Level 2

Hi Andrey ,

We are using Adobe Launch. Our Mobile site Built with SPA (Angular)

To implement Target Trigger View , we used Target V2 Extension and set a Custom Event to trigger view.

To Populate the viewName,  We use a data element with page names.populated from the Datalayer.

In the Delivery request we are able to see, View as Home.

When we check Response – This Request has no response data available is showing.

Response header : Connection : Close

Instead of xhr , I see Content-Type:  text/plain; charset=UTF-8

In the VEC - Under Modification, I see only Page load event.

I don’t see the current viewName.

Did we missed anything ? Can you please share your inputs on this.

Employee Advisor

hi Andrey Osadchukmikewebguy

Thanks for the reply.

I have already configured requestly rule and also using Target VEC helper extension.

Actually, I Found some other thing which might be causing an error. My page URL contains # in it which looks like www.abc.com/#/abc/login. And I got to know that target don't allow # (special characters) in URL. Do you guys know any solution for this?

In short, it's a single page application so, do I need to do any other settings to load SPA in the target?

Level 10

gaureshk30144236 , I wonder what you are referring to in " target don't allow # (special characters) in URL". I tried to open a page with the hash character in VEC and it worked. Do you observe any type of error message?

pradeepr65740266, could you elaborate more about the issue? Do you mean that Target does not return any offer? A screenshot(s) may help.

Level 2

Hi Andrey ,

Thanks for the Quick reply.

We are using Adobe Launch. Our Mobile site Built with SPA (Angular)

To implement Target Trigger View , we used Target V2 Extension and set a Custom Event to trigger view.

To Populate the viewName,  We use a data element with page names.populated from the Datalayer.

---------------------------------------------

On respective pages i can see the view names, but those viewnames are not available in the Vec.

Level 2

Hi Andrey,

our site built with Angular (SPA)       

Installed Target v2 Extension.

I have created two rules and added respective action inside the launch.

for the Trigger View I use a data element with my page names

While Validating i found,

I’m seeing the different views  Plus on page load it is injecting the offer.

It’s not injecting the offer on the page for Views (and doesn’t show the changes within the VEC). I’m noticing that the delivery call only fires on page load – it should load with each view change .

Any inputs?

Thanks in Advance.

Level 10

Hi pradeepr65740266,

Your scenario looks intricate to me, it requires a deep review of the app, target implementation and activity configuration that is hardly possible to do on the forum.

Level 2

HI Andrey,

Thanks for the reply. I understand.

Can you please tell me one thing, the below link have some information .

SPA: Target and Launch(Custom Events) · adobe-target/clientside Wiki · GitHub

My site built wiith Angular(SPA)

can i use Adobe Target instead of Target V2 and applying the actions as mentioned in the link.

Level 10

I think it's important to understand that Target could and can be used with any SPA in general. As I understand, the key objective of V2 is to enable VEC for SPA. But if you want to go ahead with the form composer or server-side implementation, then V2 is just one of the options.

P.S.: Consider to involve your account manager or CSM to the scenario you are working on.

Level 2

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for the quick response.I will check as you said.

Employee Advisor

hi Andrey,

My URL looks something like this 'https://www.abc.com/#/login'

As I got to know that after '#' Adobe treats further URL as a query parameter (which means URL should not contain special characters in between of URL path). I'm still not so sure about this but have you tried loading URL which is same as I have mentioned above or you are loading URL with # in the end?

I got this Error message: 'Page is taking long to load or it may not contain target libraries'

I debugged whether target libraries are present or not, I was able to see libraries present on a page as well as JSON mbox is getting fired properly.

Thanks,

Gauresh Kodag

Level 10

Hi Gauresh,

It's possible to target an activity to any URL using the criteria shown in the screenshot. As you can see the hash character should not bring any issue. Yes, I tried to add a hash character in the middle.

URL targeting.png

If the page can't be opened in the browser directly, this is likely how the SPA works. If it can be opened in the browser, but is not loaded in the VEC, then maybe this is because of the http headers (see the Mihnea's reply)j, or with the library, or unsafe scripts, or something else.

If the extension does not make the VEC work for the app, check whether the Enhanced Experience Composer (EEC) is disabled (Setup > Preferences). Toggle the control and try again.

Employee Advisor

Okay, Andrey thanks for the information. I was just confused about special characters in URL which I heard from someone else. I guess which is not the right information.

Thanks again,

Gauresh Kodag