Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

Mbox Replacing Content

Level 2

While replacing content on our website, many functions cease to work.

For instance our carousel stops working (only one image show).

Same thing for a component in AEM that has multiple  products in a carousel (4 at a time) and is dynamic.

These components don't seem to work when replacing the content with Target.

Is there any consideration of loading and when the JS executes etc? Does target prevent other main libraries from loading? Does anyone have any experience with these issues?

Thanks!

Jeff

4 Replies

Employee

Hi jeff,

In my understanding rendering using JS is currently not supported with carousels. I would recommend you to ref to the following article to setup carousels to be edited in VEC Creating Carousels that Work in the Visual Experience Composer

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Raag

Level 2

Hi Raag,

It looks like this might be specific to the carousels in Visual experience composer, but we are using a full mbox replacement.

Is there still the limitation with this? We replace 5-6 components (essentially the main content on the page) this way.

Thanks!

Jeff

Employee

Hi Jeff,

If you are trying to replace the mbox content through custom code (javascript code), it might not display the complete content in VEC, but the content delivery of such pages should be working fine.

Level 2

This is the issue that we are running into though. Is that we don't use VEC and replacing content is having issues in live environment. We are replacing content and some content shows as missing, like carousel dots, etc. Only 1 image in the carousel.

Thanks!

Jeff