Expand my Community achievements bar.

Link to Recording Added! [ADOBE TARGET BASICS WEBINAR] 8/7/19, Introduction to Single Page Apps Visual Experience Composer Webinar

Administrator

CHECK OUT! The RECORDING of our latest

Adobe Target Basics webinar

LINK TO RECORDING

Introduction to Single Page Apps Visual Experience Composer webinar

Date: Wednesday, August 7th, 2019

Time: 8am - 9am PDT

Join Bennet Roy Joseph, technical consultant at Adobe, for a deep dive into how to leverage Adobe Targets intuitive, DIY approach to creating Activities and Experiences for Single Page Apps, eliminating the development dependencies and latency involved in Multi-Page Applications. This webinar will break down the building blocks behind how the Visual Experience Composer for Single Page Apps offers a world of possibilities to digital marketers; from understanding implementation requirements, learning about Views and how to create them, and a touring through a step-by-step UI walkthrough of how to use the SPA VEC, we will cover everything you need to know for getting started with the SPA VEC. Register NOW and post your SPA VEC-related questions here in the webinar-specific discussion thread in the Adobe Target Community.

Have any burning SPA VEC-related questions that you'd like to have answered during the webinar?

Post them below before you forget! We'll make sure you get your answers.

1805999_pastedImage_11.png

Bennett Roy Joseph, Technical Consultant at Adobe

8 Replies

Level 1

Can i consider Views as state changes on SPA pages? We do have few event listeners that fire on few states changes on our SPA pages (change in color on PDP, Cart Add, cart Remove etc.,) can i use those event listener names as Views in Target?

Employee

Hi,

You can consider Views as state changes as long as the state change results in a visual update on the page. if that is the case, Yes, you can use the existing event listeners to trigger the Views in Target.

Thanks

Bennet

So Our Web Developer should include/add adobe.target.triggerView("homeView") calls in their event listeners on page load and then write adobe.target.triggerView("homeView", {page: false}) calls to trigger state changes (like cart add) to reflect them in Target right?  Because our existing event listeners just update page data. For these event listeners to work with target we need to include triggerview() calls?

Employee

That is correct.

• State Changes that results in loading a new SPA page should call -  adobe.target.triggerView("homeView") or adobe.target.triggerView("productView") etc.
  • State Changes that results in visual updates that does not need to be considered as a new page (Ex: cart add) should call - adobe.target.triggerView("homeView", {page: false}) or adobe.target.triggerView("productView", {page: false}) etc.
  • Yes, you need to include the relevant triggerView calls based on what is explained above on your event listeners

Level 1

Great webinar.  Looking forward to the deck. In the description, use VEC on at.js2.x to "leverage Adobe Target’s intuitive, DIY approach to creating Activities and Experiences for Single Page Apps, eliminating the development dependencies and latency involved in Multi-Page Applications."  But in the Q&A section on the webinar, it was mentioned that 1.x and 2.x can both be used on MPA pages (just not at the same time). Does 2.x have a tangible advantage over 1.x to use on all pages?  Or should we use 1.x on non-SPAs, and 2.x on SPA's?

Employee

Hi,

• AT.js 2.x can be used on both MPA's and SPA's.
  • AT.js 2.x has advantages over AT.js 1.x.  So, it is recommended to use AT.js 2.x for both your Non SPA's as well as SPA pages.
  • AT.js 2.x and AT.js 1.x can be used on the same website, but not on the same page of the website.

I apologize that the answer given during the webinar QA created some confusion. Let me state a situation where you may have AT.js 1.x and 2.x run on the same website.

When you have multiple teams on your organization that handles different sections of the website and if you are using AT.js 1.x at the moment. You may not be able to upgrade your AT.js library for the entire website at once. So , you may end up up having few sections on AT.js 2.x and the rest on AT.js 1.x during the upgrade process. This intermediate state of your website is alright.

Thanks

Bennet

Level 4

Is the webinar recording available somewhere? I had to miss it live but would like to watch it now.

Thank you

Level 3

Hey Robert,

Not sure if Adobe are going to post this link, in the meantime please see this video blog on at.js 2.0 implementation (shameless self promotion). This covers everything from start to finish within a React (SPA) and some of the common pitfalls to watch out for.

If you have any questions feel free to drop me a message on here.

Adobe feel free to delete this when you post your own video :-)

Part 1 - at.js 2.0 Overview

https://www.optisights.co.uk/blog/adobe-target-at-js-2-0-part-1-overview

Part 2 - at.js 2.0 Technical Implementation (SPA)

https://www.optisights.co.uk/blog/adobe-target-at-js-2-0-part-2-implementation