Expand my Community achievements bar.

Issue with A/B experience test

Level 1

I set up a simple A/B test recently. It shows as live in the Target interface, but I am not being entered into an experience. Other users have successfully tested for me, but when I visit the site, I am not entering an experience. My views are not being counted as experience A (even though that is what I am seeing), and I have cleared my cookies many times. I experienced the same issue during the Target training class I took, with no resolution during that class.

I was able to see experiences yesterday, but am no longer able to (even after restarting my PC). The test is currently set up for All Visitors with a 50/50 split between Experience A and B.

Thanks!

9 Replies

Level 5

Did you setup that a user only could be in the experiment once? Try delete your cookies, and see if that helps :)

/Løjmann

Level 1

As stated in my original post, I have cleared my cookies many times. 

There were no limitations to qualify for the A/B test, or limits on the number of times you could enter. It was set to All Users with a 50/50 split between A and B. 

Level 10

HI Emily ,

What is the Goal Metric/ SuccessMetric you are using to measure the success for your activity ?.

Aslo, It would be great if you can share the activity URL  and account credentials in a private message so that we can Debug the issue at our end.

Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 1

I want to clarify: There is NO issue with the A/B test itself. The test works as intended for everyone else. All issues are specific to my PC only. Even after clearing all cookies from my browser, I am still not entered into an experience (I see the page itself, but my page views are not counted as a view for Experience A). 

Level 5

Did you check, if your browser request the target.js and target content? (see the network tab in your browser)

/Løjmann

Employee Advisor

Hi Emily,

First I'd try a different browser. Perhaps for some reason your browser is not firing the Target mbox request on the page.

You can verify this by adding the "&mboxDebug=1" parameter to your url. It needs to go in the query portion of the URL. So after the "?". You can add a question mark at the end of the URL if one doesn't exist. Something like this: http://www.sb.com/lounge/?mboxDebug=1 or like this: http://www.sb.com/lounge/?param=value&mboxDebug=1

If you are using at.js you'll need to open your browser's debugging console to see the messages. Cntl-Shift-I in FF/Chr, F12 in Edge/IE. Any lines that start with "AT: " are about Target. Please copy and paste or screen shot your result after reloading the page.

If you are on the older mbox.js implemenation it will try to open a popup window. Similary check for errors and paste your response back to the thread. That will perhaps inform us to why your browser is not getting into the test.

Level 1

Ryan,

The issue is isolated to Google Chrome. I do not have the same problem when using IE. I've attached a screenshot of the debug console in Chrome. Let me know if this isn't what you were looking for. 

Employee Advisor

Thanks Emily. I'd like to take a closer look. Would you send the URL to view the test? You can direct message it to me if you prefer.

Level 10

Hi Emily,

Is the above issue resolved ?. if not , Please do let us know the URL to view the test so that we can debug the same at our end.

Regards

Parit Mittal