Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is there any replacement method for mboxFactoryDefault.getCookieManager()​

Level 3

Hi All,

In some cases I need to execute the some AB test feature at once per session. Initially we are using the session storage, that has some issue in safari private browsing mode. After that we started using mboxFactoryDefault.getCookieManager()​ to set and get the cookie value. Now we have upgraded mbox.js to at.js. So the mboxFactoryDefault.getCookieManager()​ is not working now. Do we have any alternative function for  mboxFactoryDefault.getCookieManager()​ in AT.js.

Please help me on this.

Thanks in Advance.

Hariharan S

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

@hariharans94469549,

I have asked and received confirmation from Target Engineering that At.js doesn’t support mboxFactoryDefault, hence getCookieManager() is not available.

If this helps you don't forget to like, mark as helpful & mark as answer as that helps me  Hope you have a wonderful day.

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Employee

@hariharans94469549,

You can create an audience based off a cookie by just parsing the cookie and sending to the mbox as a parameter by using a

DTM data element or by js on the page. And then use that audience for targeting.

DTM route would be the preferred option or if you choose to use js you can use code snippet that looks something like this -->

targetPageParams = function() {

var cookieValue = document.cookie.replace(/(?:(?:^|.*;\s*)COOKIENAME\s*\=\s*([^;]*).*$)|^.*$/, "$1");

return "PARAMNAME="+cookieValue;

};

/* replace `COOKIENAME` and `PARAMNAME` */

Hope this helps.