Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

Extra link rendering after recent Target updates

Level 1

Hello,

I have an A/B test running that adds an extra link at the end of the mobile menu (img attached). After the updates on 21 April, the link is rendered twice and now I have to links which are the same. The java code used: 

menuClaimLink.append('<li><a href="claims.html" target="_blank">Make a claim</a></li>');

Could anyone suggest what the problem is, what can be causing it? the test used to run fine before the recent changes.

Thank you!

9 Replies

Level 1

Hi all,

we are experiencing the same issue addressed by annap53159898: every offer delivered by Adobe Target Standard is duplicated.

In Adobe Target Classic everything is working fine.

This is causing a big trouble to our clients, anyone could help us?

Thanks in advance

Employee

Claudio

Is it for all LIVE activities or certain activities which have something in common?

Employee

setting a boolean flag to not execute the script again can help fixing the problem for the moment

<script>
  if (!window.shouldStop) {
    // custom code
    window.shouldStop = true;
  }
</script>

Level 10

Hi All, 

Thanks for the patience with the recent issue "Adobe Target VEC changes show up in duplicate" . We have identified the cause of the issue and the issue basically occurs when we have jquery added in the head and script running in custom code. When we added jquery in body, the script runs just once. The issue was not there in websites without jquery or which have jquery in the body.  

The issue will be fixed in our next update/hotfix release on 5th May.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 1

Hi Parit,

thank you very much for your interest.

We'll be waiting the next release on 5th May.

Regards,

Claudio

Employee

Hi

• Are you using the Custom Code option?
  • Is the extra link showing up on all browsers or just one particular browser?

Level 1

Hello,

No, it's the Adobe mbox.js file. It's a DTM implementation. It was showing on all browsers. It was as of today, the preview link don't work and my visual compositor doesn't work, so I've raised this with the Support team.

Level 1

Hi Siddharth.J,

thank you four your interest.

We are experiencing this issue only when using custom code, instead with elements inserted or moved through visual composer it works fine. The offer is duplicated on any browser we tried and on any live activities.

Thanks

Employee Advisor

As a possible temporary work-around try adding an id to the first item that the script creates and wrapping everything in an If statement looking for that id. That might prevent the script from running twice. If it works it will not be an ideal solution but a work-around until Adobe Engineering identifies a more permanent solution.