Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

Experience test not following rule conditions

Level 7

Hi there,

Got an issue with an experience test I'm hoping to find out where I'm going wrong!

I'm trying to get a Target personalisation set up and I feel like I'm skirting around the solution but not quite hitting it on the head so a help in the right direction would be amazing.

I want to display a banner to customers who have completed an enquiry form to remind them of their reference number and to call in and at all other times/when the cookie isn't present display the default content.

I have so far done the following:

• On the enquiry form completion I cookie the reference number for 30 days
  • In DTM I have an mbox called "banner" wrapped around the existing banner we want to replace and a parameter called "profile.aipRef" with the reference
  • In Target I have set up the banner with {$profile.aipRef} where I want to display the reference.
  • For the audience I have when mbox "banner" - profile.aipRef is present

When I preview this it all works fine, the reference is displayed as expected all great however when I delete the cookie or when it's not there I still get experience just with no reference number displayed and I can't figure out why. The same thing also happens when I set the experience live and try it that way just incase it was with the preview system.

Any help in resolving this appreciated.

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi Andrew,

Can you please share your Adobe Target account login details as well as URL of the website and Personalization activity details  in a private message so that we can debug the issue at our end.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal