Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

Experience Fragments Not Loading Text in Target Activity

Level 2

Hi all,

Currently working on setting up a client to be able to use Experience Fragments (XFs) via the AEM -> Target integration.  I've followed the instructions outlined in the documentation (link) and we are seeing the XFs show up in Offers within Target.  I can also view the XFs via the "Offer Delivery URL" listed under "Offer Info" for each XF in Target and they render correctly.

The issue is that when I configure an Activity and use any of the XFs published to Target (replace or insert), the XFs contain all content except for text/copy.  It's completely missing from the HTML.  I still see all images, DIVs, etc, just no text coming through (confirmed viewing source code, so it's not just hidden by styling).  I've tried this for multiple XFs on various pages/placements and they all do the same thing.  I suspect it has something to do with how we are publishing the XFs, but I'm not sure. 

Any ideas as to what we're doing wrong here?

3 Replies

Level 2

Quick update - I've isolated the issue to a conflict with a JavaScript library called prototype.js, part of the Script.aculo.us set of libraries.  When I disable that library from loading, everything comes back fine.  We are going to update to the latest version of that library (version on the site is 1.5.0 from 2007, current version is 1.7.2) and move the Launch library to load above it in the page code.  I'll report back with results.

Employee

wgharper

Thanks for sharing. Did that helped to resolve the issue for you?

Level 4

wgharper

It would also be worth noting that if you have made some changes and did not published and exported the offer from AEM, this could lead to a discrepancy. You can try to publish and export it again.

Even after doing this they see the incorrect details, then look for the AEM logs which contains the XF offer.

Thanks,

Karan