Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

Dynamically sending new data to the global mbox - Ajax page

Level 1

How do folks send new data to the global mbox on an ajax page for example?

For the regular mboxes there was mbox define/ mbox update. Still not clear on what it is for the global mbox when we use targetPageParams()

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi Timi,

You could use an mboxUpdate() call after your Ajax success event. Format of mboxUpdate is like : 

1. mboxUpdate('target-global-mbox','param1=value1','param2=value2',...);

Use mboxUpdate in your callback method of Ajax call.

Please refer the following link for more info : https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/tnt/help/c_About_Dynamic_Mboxes.html

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 1

Thanks  Parit, didnt realize we could reference the target-global-mbox directly in mboxUpdate, good to know.

Tested this out though and I didnt get the expected behavior, it seemed to deliver the offer a second time after the mboxUpdate.

Note: our  targetPageParams() is in the head tag not the body.

Level 10

Hi Timi ,

Please clarify when is your Ajax event fired? If it is triggered inside body, then it won't be able to set mbox parameters in targetPageParams() method which is inside head tag and consequently, mbox call with not have these params.

Try using mboxUpdate in your callback method of Ajax call.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 10

Hi Timi ,

can you please let us know whether the above issue is resolved or not. If not , Please do let us know so that we can further help with the same.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Level 1

So that solution didn't work. The Ajax event is fired from the body and our targetPageParams() is in the head.

Level 10

Hi Timi ,

Have you Tried using mboxUpdate in your callback method of Ajax call.

Also, Please let me know if it works.

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal