Expand my Community achievements bar.

Creating an activity for a url that redirects

Level 1

I am trying to change a picture on a website page to run some tests. However, in order to access that page, you have to input information on the page before it.  So, when I put the link into Adobe Target that sends me to the page I am trying to test, it immediately redirects me to the page where you have to input information.

Does anyone know how to get around this?

Thanks,

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

cameronm28308616​,

I would recommend using the "Browse" functionality (Button) in the Virtual Experience Composer then enter the information required on the page and continue to the final destination page.

If this satisfies your query please like, mark as helpful and mark as answer. Otherwise lets keep the conversation going. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Level 1

Hi Mike, this is super helpful.

However, I have tried this approach before. My problem is the following

When I am using the browse functionality in Adobe Target, I enter the login information into the first page, then the page just throws an error instead of directing me to the next page where I want to create my A/B test.

However, when I run the same set of steps in the browser with the same login data, it works fine.

Any idea how to solve this issue?

Thanks,

Employee Advisor

cameronm28308616​,

1. In new tab load pre-log in page URL1

2. Log in to the page.

3. Copy post log-in URL2.

4. In new tab load pre-log-in URL1 in Target.

5. Using the Browse functionality attempt to log in or if already authenticated simply change the url to post log-in URL2.

Let me know if this works for you.

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Level 4

cameronm28308616​ Did you try toggling the EEC option(configure->Page Delivery->Enable/Disable Enhanced Experience Composer) and check if resolves the issue?

Also, can you check for any errors you are getting in the console of developer tools?

Regards,

Karan