Expand my Community achievements bar.

Cookie killer (as favorite)

Level 2

Hi!

During a session at Adobe Summit in LV this year one of the speakers used "Cookie killer" to clear the experience on the web-page he visited. It was a small script saved as a favorite.

Using this he was able to check different experiences of target without having to use incognito and new browser windows.

Anyone know what this script is?

Tnx in advance

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

@Simon Cegla,

I believe this is what you are looking for. This code if saved in a bookmark when clicked will force release you from any QA experience you are currently in.

javascript:(

function () {

if (window.location.href.indexOf('?') != -1) {

var parts = window.location.href.split('at_preview_token',2);

if (parts.length > 1) {

window.location.href = parts[0].concat('at_preview_token=');

} else {

window.location.href = window.location.href.concat("&at_preview_token=")

}

} else {

window.location.href = window.location.href.concat("?at_preview_token=")

}

}

)();

I'll attach a screen-shot below of how I have mine saved as a bookmark:

This is also documented in this KB: Activity QA bookmarklet

If this helps you don't forget to like, mark as helpful & mark as answer as that helps me  Hope you have a wonderful day.

How to save it:

_1._save_bookmark.png

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Employee Advisor

Hi Simon,

Here is a current site cookie killer I use for that exact purpose.

javascript:(function(){C=document.cookie.split('; ');for(d='.'+location.host;d;d=(''+d).substr(1).match(/\..*$/))for(sl=0;sl<2;++sl)for(p='/'+location.pathname;p;p=p.substring(0,p.lastIndexOf('/')))for(i in C)if(c=C[i]){document.cookie=c+'; domain='+d.slice(sl)+'; path='+p.slice(1)+'/'+'; expires='+new Date((new Date).getTime()-1e11).toGMTString()}})();window.location.reload();

I call the bookmark DelCookiesRld. It will delete the current site's cookie and automatically reload the page for you. Really nice to quickly be a "new visitor" and therefore get a new experience.

Hope that helps.