Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Can we export the recommendations Catalog?

Level 2

Is it possible to export the data within recommendations catalog? Or even a collection or exclusion?

I'm looking to extract all of the IDs within an exclusion in order to run the delete entities API​ with the full list of IDs from the exclusion. 

In order to minimize impact to the business, I would like to avoid deleting the entire catalog.

1 Accepted Solution

Employee Advisor

BrendanJaffary​,

This would make for a great feature request. To save you some time I've submitted it for you please vote it up to help it gain traction with product management. Much appreciated! UI Feature to export all products from a catalog/collection

If this satisfies your query please like, mark as helpful and mark as answer. Otherwise lets keep the conversation going. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

6 Replies

Level 4

BrendanJaffary

There is in built feature to export the data within recommendations catalog? Although, you can try using the GetEntitiy API

https://developers.adobetarget.com/api/recommendations/#operation/getEntity

Thanks,

Karan

Level 2

Is there a built in feature to export the data in the catalog?  Could you point me to any documentation for it?

I would use the GetEntity API but that only works for singular IDs.  I'm looking to export a list of every ID inside the catalog or even better, a collection or exclusion.  From my searching, I couldn't find a built in tool for this.

Employee Advisor

BrendanJaffary​,

This would make for a great feature request. To save you some time I've submitted it for you please vote it up to help it gain traction with product management. Much appreciated! UI Feature to export all products from a catalog/collection

If this satisfies your query please like, mark as helpful and mark as answer. Otherwise lets keep the conversation going. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Mihnea Docea | Technical Support Consultant | Customer Experience | Adobe | (:: 1 (800) 497-0335

Level 2

Thanks for setting that up Mihnea.  I've voted now.

This would be a very helpful feature so companies can easily filter products in an excel file.

Employee Advisor

BrendanJaffary​,

I completely agree. Thank you for voting +1

Level 2

I'm bumping this issue once more.

Summary

We need to have a feature that can mass delete entities based on a filter. I manage a catalog of over 400,000 entities so running a full catalog deletion is a huge impact to the business.  There is no real solution to manage your catalog as the comma delimited string for singular deletion requires the user to have a list of entityIDs to delete which they are not able to export from the catalog. 

In the documentation, it states that the more entities in your catalog, the longer your criteria’s will take to process.  I’ve also noticed that the larger my catalog is, the less accurate the recommendations are.

Temporary Solution

Through a recommendation of a forum user... once you filter your catalog to whatever your deletion needs are, you can override the API call in the network tab of developer tools to expand the pagesize of the call.  Just simply adjust the pagesize in this network call : "target/products/productSearch.halosearch.at.json?pageSize=10". Once you have the data, you can parse through it to get all of the entityIDs, concat them into a comma delimited string and send the request off. 

This is a poor solution as both the query and the delete command can't handle more than 10,000 entities at a time and requires additional development work.  I tried to write an application to manage this locally but ran into CORS issues with the API.  I'm sure that these APIs arent intended to handle this amount of data either.

Ideal Solution

The most ideal solution would be:

• Filter the catalog by “lastModifiedDate”  **Currently not an available filter but data is available in catalog**
  • Add any additional filters
  • Export the data to an Excel file for further analysis on the data as the Catalog UI lacks sorting functionality
  • Batch delete all of the entities within the filtered selection

Being able to filter by “lastModifiedDate” is essential as it will identify entities that haven’t been viewed by users in a long period of time, often indicating that the entity isn’t available anymore.

I'm happy to discuss this further with any tech support to answer any questions and work out refinements.  Please DM and we can even set up a call.