Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

☕[AT Community Q&A Coffee Break] 7/22: Jon Tehero, Group Product Manager for Adobe Target☕

Administrator

Join us for our next Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break

taking place Wednesday, July 22nd @ 10am PDT

--> REGISTER NOW <-- 

We'll be joined by Jon Tehero aka @Jon_Tehero, Group Product Manager for Adobe Target, who will be signed in here to the Adobe Target Community to chat directly with you on this thread about your Adobe Target questions pertaining to his areas of expertise:

• General Adobe Target backend & UI
  • Adobe Target Recommendations
  • Target integrations with the Experience Platform (Unified Profile, Experience Edge, Target data connector, etc)
  • Target's reporting integration with Adobe Analytics (A4T)

Want us to send you a calendar invitation so you don’t forget? Register now to receive a reminder!

A NOTE FROM NEXT WEEK'S COMMUNITY Q&A COFFEE BREAK EXPERT, JON TEHERO 

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 

• Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period
  • Must post a Question about Adobe Target
  • THAT'S IT!  *(think of this as the Adobe Target Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game)

INSTRUCTIONS 

• Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  • Begin your Question with @Jon_Tehero 
  • When exchanging messages with Jon about your specific question, be sure to use the editor’s "QUOTE" button, which will indicate which post you're replying to, and will help contain your conversation with Jon

QUOTE BUTTON.png

Jon-Tehero-Bio.jpg

Jon Tehero is a Group Product Manager for Adobe Target. He’s overseen hundreds of new features within the Target platform and has played a key role in migrating functionality from Target's classic platforms into the new Adobe Target UI. Jon is currently focused on expanding the Target feature set to address an even broader set of use-cases. Prior to working on the Product Management team, Jon consulted for over sixty mid- to enterprise-sized customers, and was a subject matter expert within the Adobe Consulting group.

Curious about what an Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break looks like? Check out the thread from our last break with Rob Hornick, Senior Adobe Target Product Manager

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

24 Replies

Employee

@Amelia_Waliany wrote:

HI @Jon_Tehero, great insights here! This question was posted by Target Community member @MA1985_CG :

Hi, My requirement is to show each experience only for 3 times. Once user seen 1st experience as per the order show 2nd experience and so on.

I understand that we can use below script for frequency but this would work based on mbox name but looking option at the experience level Any thoughts?

mbox_location1 - experiencename_1

mbox_location1 - experiencename_2

var frequency = user.get('frequency') || 0; if (mbox.name == 'mbox_location1') { return frequency + 1; }

we are recording experience name value in Adobe Analytics but as per my understanding we can't use data layer value in profile script.

After a user has qualified for an experience, Target automatically updates the user's profile to indicate the experience they've been shown. On the subsequent request, you can evaluate whether or not that visitor has a particular value in their profile. This is done by using the "dynamic tokens" capability. 

Note: "campaign" represents "activity" and "recipe" is the same as "experience." So you could use

${campaign.recipe.id}

to set a counter on that specific experience id in the activity. You can also use the same syntax during activity setup to insert these values into your offer to quickly see the offerId or similar information.

Employee Advisor

@jtehero, this question was posted in the community by @Saif:

I am trying to set up a recommendations activity where I need to target the users who have visited pages belonging to certain sub-categories.

I have applied this inclusion rule but it doesn't work:

Saif_0-1595423909816.png

"user.lastViewedTenSubCategories" is a profile attribute which contains sub categories separated by comma.

Is it expecting the list in a specific format?

Employee

@Rami_Hammad wrote:

@jtehero, this question was posted in the community by @Saif:

I am trying to set up a recommendations activity where I need to target the users who have visited pages belonging to certain sub-categories.

I have applied this inclusion rule but it doesn't work:

Saif_0-1595423909816.png

"user.lastViewedTenSubCategories" is a profile attribute which contains sub categories separated by comma.

Is it expecting the list in a specific format?

@Saif, the data types do need to match between the user.attribute and the entity.attribute. Check out this article for some details and nuances on data types and how they are considered in custom entity.attributes. Other than that, on the surface everything seems like your setup should work. If your data types do in fact match and you are still not getting results, please submit a client care ticket so we can take a closer look. Thank you so much for your question!

Level 2

@Jon_Tehero 

Thank you for the quick response.

I modified the profile attribute as shown in the article.

Now,

user.lastViewedTenSubCategories = ["abc","xyz"]

As per the inclusion rule, it should display all the items that belong to sub-category "abc" or "xyz" but it only displays items that belong to sub-category "abc" which is the sub category of the item I am using as my recommendation key.

Looking at the trace output, I can see the following inside "inclusionrules":

{
        "attribute" : "subCategory1",
        "operation" : "isContainedInList",
        "sourceAttribute" : {
          "name" : "user.lastViewedTenSubCategories",
          "type" : "PROFILE",
          "excludeAllWhenEmpty" : true
        },
        "values" : [ ]
      }

In the above output, it shows an empty array in "values".

What am I doing wrong?