Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn More

View all

Sign in to view all badges

[AT Community Q&A Coffee Break] 6/10: David Son, Adobe Target Product Manager

Avatar

Avatar
Validate 250
Employee
Amelia_Waliany
Employee

Likes

184 likes

Total Posts

440 posts

Correct Reply

72 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 250
Validate 100
Validate 50
Validate 25
Validate 10
View profile

Avatar
Validate 250
Employee
Amelia_Waliany
Employee

Likes

184 likes

Total Posts

440 posts

Correct Reply

72 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 250
Validate 100
Validate 50
Validate 25
Validate 10
View profile
Amelia_Waliany
Employee

04-06-2020

Join us for our next Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break

taking place Wednesday, June 10th @ 10am PDT

👨‍💻👩‍💻--> REGISTER NOW <-- 👨‍💻👩‍💻

We'll be joined by David Son aka @DavidSonPM, Adobe Target Product Manager, who will be signed in here to the Adobe Target Community to chat directly with you on this thread about your Adobe Target questions pertaining to her areas of expertise:

  • At.js
  • Mobile
  • Alloy
  • APIs 

Want us to send you a calendar invitation so you don’t forget? Register now to receive a reminder!

🎯A NOTE FROM NEXT WEEK'S COMMUNITY Q&A COFFEE BREAK EXPERT, DAVID SON 🎯

🎯REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 🎯

  • Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period
  • Must post a Question about Adobe Target
  • THAT'S IT!  *(think of this as the Adobe Target Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game)

🎯INSTRUCTIONS 🎯

  • Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  • Begin your Question with @DavidSonPM 
  • When exchanging messages with David about your specific question, be sure to use the editor’s "QUOTE" button, which will indicate which post you're replying to, and will help contain your conversation with David 

david headshot.png

 

 

 

 

 

David Son is a product manager for Adobe Target where he leads product strategy for mobile, APIs, and SDKs. He holds a B.A. in Computer Science from the University of California, Berkeley and is based in San Francisco, California.

 

Curious about what an Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break looks like? Check out the thread from our last break with Shannon Hamilton, Senior Adobe Target Product Manager

Alloy.js API APIs at.js 2 Coffee Break Mobile Product Management Q&A

Replies

Avatar

Avatar
Validate 250
Employee
Amelia_Waliany
Employee

Likes

184 likes

Total Posts

440 posts

Correct Reply

72 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 250
Validate 100
Validate 50
Validate 25
Validate 10
View profile

Avatar
Validate 250
Employee
Amelia_Waliany
Employee

Likes

184 likes

Total Posts

440 posts

Correct Reply

72 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 250
Validate 100
Validate 50
Validate 25
Validate 10
View profile
Amelia_Waliany
Employee

10-06-2020

Hi @DavidSonPM! Given your areas of expertise in Adobe Target, what are some areas you've been working on recently that you're excited about? 

And where can people go to hear about them? 

Avatar

Avatar
Give Back 5
Level 3
Nicolas_Swisscom
Level 3

Likes

27 likes

Total Posts

26 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Give Back 5
Give Back 3
Give Back 25
Give Back 10
Give Back
View profile

Avatar
Give Back 5
Level 3
Nicolas_Swisscom
Level 3

Likes

27 likes

Total Posts

26 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Give Back 5
Give Back 3
Give Back 25
Give Back 10
Give Back
View profile
Nicolas_Swisscom
Level 3

10-06-2020

@DavidSonPM: Does Alloy.js make at.js obsolete? When should we consider what?

Avatar

Avatar
Validate 250
Employee
Amelia_Waliany
Employee

Likes

184 likes

Total Posts

440 posts

Correct Reply

72 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 250
Validate 100
Validate 50
Validate 25
Validate 10
View profile

Avatar
Validate 250
Employee
Amelia_Waliany
Employee

Likes

184 likes

Total Posts

440 posts

Correct Reply

72 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 250
Validate 100
Validate 50
Validate 25
Validate 10
View profile
Amelia_Waliany
Employee

10-06-2020

Hi @DavidSonPM How can we integrate with Target successfully, given that cookie policies are progressing rapidly in such a way that both creating and retaining cookies will be limited on the browser?

Avatar

Avatar
Give Back 5
Employee
DavidSonPM
Employee

Likes

33 likes

Total Posts

43 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Give Back 5
Give Back 3
Give Back 25
Give Back 10
Give Back
View profile

Avatar
Give Back 5
Employee
DavidSonPM
Employee

Likes

33 likes

Total Posts

43 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Give Back 5
Give Back 3
Give Back 25
Give Back 10
Give Back
View profile
DavidSonPM
Employee

10-06-2020


@Nicolas_Swisscom wrote:

@DavidSonPM: Does Alloy.js make at.js obsolete? When should we consider what?


Alloy.js doesn't make at.js obsolete at this time. However, the long term goal is to have all Target customers leverage Alloy.js in the future. A good time to consider Alloy.js would be when a customer is ready to leverage AEP.

Avatar

Avatar
Give Back 5
Employee
DavidSonPM
Employee

Likes

33 likes

Total Posts

43 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Give Back 5
Give Back 3
Give Back 25
Give Back 10
Give Back
View profile

Avatar
Give Back 5
Employee
DavidSonPM
Employee

Likes

33 likes

Total Posts

43 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Give Back 5
Give Back 3
Give Back 25
Give Back 10
Give Back
View profile
DavidSonPM
Employee

10-06-2020


@Amelia_Waliany wrote:

Hi @DavidSonPM! Given your areas of expertise in Adobe Target, what are some areas you've been working on recently that you're excited about? 

And where can people go to hear about them? 


We are really excited about our ability to help customers personalize across channels via our Web, Mobile, Java, and Node.js SDKs. 

 

We are also working on some exciting initiatives where we can tremendously optimize performance in our SDKs. We are hoping for a zero-latency decisioning approach. Stay tuned for more!

Avatar

Avatar
Give Back 5
Employee
DavidSonPM
Employee

Likes

33 likes

Total Posts

43 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Give Back 5
Give Back 3
Give Back 25
Give Back 10
Give Back
View profile

Avatar
Give Back 5
Employee
DavidSonPM
Employee

Likes

33 likes

Total Posts

43 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Give Back 5
Give Back 3
Give Back 25
Give Back 10
Give Back
View profile
DavidSonPM
Employee

10-06-2020


@Amelia_Waliany wrote:

Hi @DavidSonPM How can we integrate with Target successfully, given that cookie policies are progressing rapidly in such a way that both creating and retaining cookies will be limited on the browser?


Our recommendation is to integrate with Target via the server-side through our API or SDKs and to manage your own 1P ID. When managing your 1P ID and passing it over to Target, we will use your 1P ID for decisioning and bucketing. In this way, you won't have to worry about our Target client-side cookies expiring and getting impacted by ITP.

Avatar

Avatar
Give Back 5
Employee
DavidSonPM
Employee

Likes

33 likes

Total Posts

43 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Give Back 5
Give Back 3
Give Back 25
Give Back 10
Give Back
View profile

Avatar
Give Back 5
Employee
DavidSonPM
Employee

Likes

33 likes

Total Posts

43 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Give Back 5
Give Back 3
Give Back 25
Give Back 10
Give Back
View profile
DavidSonPM
Employee

10-06-2020

As we end this coffee break, I want to thank everyone for your time and your questions! Looking forward for more in the future!

Avatar

Avatar
Give Back 5
Employee
DavidSonPM
Employee

Likes

33 likes

Total Posts

43 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Give Back 5
Give Back 3
Give Back 25
Give Back 10
Give Back
View profile

Avatar
Give Back 5
Employee
DavidSonPM
Employee

Likes

33 likes

Total Posts

43 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Give Back 5
Give Back 3
Give Back 25
Give Back 10
Give Back
View profile
DavidSonPM
Employee

10-06-2020


@Amelia_Waliany wrote:

Hi @DavidSonPM, this question was originally posted by fellow Adobe Target Community member, @mezpahlan 😊: How to get Target Preview working with new AEP library? 

I'm trying to get Target Previews working with the new AEP library for Target. Previously we were using the v4 Mobile Library:

 

com.adobe.mobile:adobeMobileLibrary:4.y.z

 Now we're trying to migrate to the new AEP SDKs:

implementation "com.adobe.marketing.mobile:sdk-core:1.y.z"
implementation "com.adobe.marketing.mobile:analytics:1.y.z"
implementation "com.adobe.marketing.mobile:userprofile:1.y.z"
implementation "com.adobe.marketing.mobile:mobileservices:1.y.z"
implementation "com.adobe.marketing.mobile:target:1.y.z"

 

The documentation https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/target/using/implement-target/mobile-apps/target-mobile-previ... says this: 

 

Android: In the app , call Config.trackAdobeDeepLink(URL); when the caller is asked to open the resource with the URL scheme that was specified in the previous step. 

 

Which worked fine when we were using the v4 Mobile Library, but I can't seem to do that with the new libraries. What's the new recommended way to continue to use Target Preview? Or is there an alternative?


Please review this documentation for preview support in v5 - https://aep-sdks.gitbook.io/docs/using-mobile-extensions/adobe-target#visual-preview

Avatar

Avatar
Give Back 5
Employee
DavidSonPM
Employee

Likes

33 likes

Total Posts

43 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Give Back 5
Give Back 3
Give Back 25
Give Back 10
Give Back
View profile

Avatar
Give Back 5
Employee
DavidSonPM
Employee

Likes

33 likes

Total Posts

43 posts

Correct Reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Give Back 5
Give Back 3
Give Back 25
Give Back 10
Give Back
View profile
DavidSonPM
Employee

10-06-2020


@Amelia_Waliany wrote:

Hi @DavidSonPM, this question was originally posted by fellow Adobe Target Community member, @mezpahlan 😊: How to get Target Preview working with new AEP library? 

I'm trying to get Target Previews working with the new AEP library for Target. Previously we were using the v4 Mobile Library:

 

com.adobe.mobile:adobeMobileLibrary:4.y.z

 Now we're trying to migrate to the new AEP SDKs:

implementation "com.adobe.marketing.mobile:sdk-core:1.y.z"
implementation "com.adobe.marketing.mobile:analytics:1.y.z"
implementation "com.adobe.marketing.mobile:userprofile:1.y.z"
implementation "com.adobe.marketing.mobile:mobileservices:1.y.z"
implementation "com.adobe.marketing.mobile:target:1.y.z"

 

The documentation https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/target/using/implement-target/mobile-apps/target-mobile-previ... says this: 

 

Android: In the app , call Config.trackAdobeDeepLink(URL); when the caller is asked to open the resource with the URL scheme that was specified in the previous step. 

 

Which worked fine when we were using the v4 Mobile Library, but I can't seem to do that with the new libraries. What's the new recommended way to continue to use Target Preview? Or is there an alternative?


Please review this documentation for preview support in v5 - https://aep-sdks.gitbook.io/docs/using-mobile-extensions/adobe-target#visual-preview

Avatar

Avatar
Give Back
Level 1
bighouse
Level 1

Likes

0 likes

Total Posts

1 post

Correct Reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Give Back
View profile

Avatar
Give Back
Level 1
bighouse
Level 1

Likes

0 likes

Total Posts

1 post

Correct Reply

0 solutions
Top badges earned
Give Back
View profile
bighouse
Level 1

10-06-2020

@DavidSonPM  - what are some Mobile Personalization strategies that have been successful with clients? Does Auto-Target and Auto-Allocate work in Mobile?